Home

Non Roster Invitees

This is a discussion on Non Roster Invitees within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0
Non Roster Invitees

Has this ever been addressed as to why they haven't or can't include it in the game? I think it would be really cool for both Franchise and RTTS, if you got an invite but weren't on 40-man.

I'm kind of surprised this isn't requested more since for me it seems like a no brainer to enhance the game, especially Franchise.

Thoughts?

--

For the record, I tried searching the forums for this before starting a new one, since I thought maybe it was talked about before. I only saw one thread from 2015 and it was shut down but the mod put a link to what I think is another forum, although that link turned out to be dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Non Roster Invitees

I think it may be the same reason as to why there is only 90 players in an organization- not sure though.

I am all for this. The more realistic the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Non Roster Invitees

You mean why haven't they bothered changing anything of note in Franchise mode in years? Because they don't care about having a realistic game as long as people keep buying stubs after already paying for the essentially the same game year after year.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agree with the NRI and expanded roster.

Also, a better rotation in the bullpen and starting lineup for the CPU. When you play against the CPU, the first reliever is always a starting pitcher, most of the time the one who started the game the day before. And if a reliever is not LRP, MRP and «only a reliever», he will never pitch during Spring Training
Old 02-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Oh spring training needs a ton of work. Non-roster invitees, split squad games, and, oh yeah, more than 2 stadiums. I currently use a select few minor league stadiums, and that would be perfectly fine if we were able to set game time temperature. But we can't.

Franchise as a whole needs a ton of work. This is just one not so small part of a much larger problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibibanax
Agree with the NRI and expanded roster.

Also, a better rotation in the bullpen and starting lineup for the CPU. When you play against the CPU, the first reliever is always a starting pitcher, most of the time the one who started the game the day before. And if a reliever is not LRP, MRP and «only a reliever», he will never pitch during Spring Training

Non-Invitees would be nice, but I would like a slot in the Rosters on the main screen where you can put 15 non-active players (other than A). That way, you could make accurate rosters and then import them into franchise with injured/suspended players already off of your 25 man roster but available at some point during the season.

Ideally, I'd set up the rosters like this:

ML - 25 slots
AAA - 25 slots
AA - 25 slots
A - 25 slots
DL/Inactive - 15 slots

As someone who plays around with rosters and likes to make them mirror real life, this would be very helpful.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #7
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
Non-Invitees would be nice, but I would like a slot in the Rosters on the main screen where you can put 15 non-active players (other than A). That way, you could make accurate rosters and then import them into franchise with injured/suspended players already off of your 25 man roster but available at some point during the season.

Ideally, I'd set up the rosters like this:

ML - 25 slots
AAA - 25 slots
AA - 25 slots
A - 25 slots
DL/Inactive - 15 slots

As someone who plays around with rosters and likes to make them mirror real life, this would be very helpful.
It would be ideal.

My pet peeve, and I don't think I'm shooting the moon here is being able to import a player into an existing franchise.

it's a little thing that would solve tons of little issues. Imagine you can start your franchise with v1 of OSFM and then, if you want, import June's or an emerging rookie who was not included in first version etc...

I remember one of the '17 stream a dev mentioned they tried hard to include it but had to drop it at the last moment 'cause it was causing some issues. Last year it was silence radio about it :-(

So I hope this little big thing is back in '19.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
It would be ideal.

My pet peeve, and I don't think I'm shooting the moon here is being able to import a player into an existing franchise.

it's a little thing that would solve tons of little issues. Imagine you can start your franchise with v1 of OSFM and then, if you want, import June's or an emerging rookie who was not included in first version etc...

I remember one of the '17 stream a dev mentioned they tried hard to include it but had to drop it at the last moment 'cause it was causing some issues. Last year it was silence radio about it :-(

So I hope this little big thing is back in '19.

Totally agree

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »