Home

Would you give up Carry-Over Saves in exchange for an overhauled Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Would you give up Carry-Over Saves in exchange for an overhauled Franchise Mode? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Would you give up Carry-Over Saves in exchange for an overhauled Franchise Mode?

Let me preface this by saying I have no inside information or knowledge of the development process of MLB The Show so take this purely as speculation and hypothetical.

I had a random thought recently when thinking about the lack of innovation or work being put into Franchise Mode. While I'm as disappointed as most of you that it appears as though modes like Diamond Dynasty are taking all the attention away from Franchise because of monetization reasons, I think an underlying reason may be a limitation created by a much more well-loved feature by fans of Franchise. Carry-Over Saves is something that was revolutionary for sports games, and still is something that no other sports game has implemented, and by all accounts is something Franchise fans love. But it's possible that it's implementation requires that much of the code and systems in place for Franchise stay the same year after year for it to work properly, making it very difficult to change anything significant about the mode. Maybe the feature would need to be entirely scrapped for innovation to occur for Franchise Mode going forward.

So I ask, completely hypothetically, if this were the case, would you be willing to give up Carry-Over Saves forever if it meant that Franchise could be rebuilt or overhauled in the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Would you give up Carry-Over Saves in exchange for an overhauled Franchise Mode?

For me, in a heartbeat! I never really used carry over saves as I have always been able to complete my franchise (to my satisfaction or boredom).
Old 02-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Re: Would you give up Carry-Over Saves in exchange for an overhauled Franchise Mode?

Yes.

As long as that Franchise is as fleshed out as NBA 2k's
Old 02-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

No

And carryover saves do not prevent them from adding new features or rebuilding current ones. I've asked this question directly as I had the same thought a while back.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

I'll give you an categorical "it depends" (yes I do risk evaluations too!)

Really would depend on what that franchise make over would look like when finished. Everyone has their idea of what a 'better' franchise mode would look like and for me it may be 'i'll know it when I see it'. Controlling all 30 teams if they redid franchise but insist on not allowing me to cancel trades that come from the CPU run teams (an benefit from carrying over right now) it may be a no go. However, if they were to make franchise have the kinds of options I'm seeing in NBA2k, then I would be inclined to go with let's overhaul the sucker. Anything in between is something I would need to see to decide.

If they implemented an OOTP like background management style integrated with the main gameplay/presentation modes similar (but improved) to what we have now, this would be a no brainer and a no more sleep for me...er..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

To answer my own question, I absolutely would. I love the carry over save feature,but at some point what's the point of carrying over the save to a new game, if there's next to nothing different? Might as well just play the older game at that point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Now that Countryboy has said there is not reason to not have my cake and eat it too, No I won't give up my carry-over saves, and where's my cake????
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Umm are we talking franchise mode and rtts or just for franchise mode?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »