Home

Post-Game Attendance Announcement

This is a discussion on Post-Game Attendance Announcement within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post-Game Attendance Announcement

Anybody know when/why the attendance announcement that had been part of the post game PA Announcer spiel was removed? I've been playing a series at Coors field that has been sparsely attended, and was waiting for the announcement at the end of the game to see what it said. After several more games, I realized that it's not announced anymore. Weird.

Incidentally, I hope that the small crowds are presented more realistically in MLB 19. There aren't many games "in real life" where the stadium is 35-40% full and the fans are equally dispersed around the stadium rather than crowded into the good seats, particularly at the most fan-unfriendly stadium in the world, Dodger Stadium, where they don't even sell tickets for certain sections until other sections have been sold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2019, 02:11 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Post-Game Attendance Announcement

You can still see attendance under the Game Log in the Game Recap area.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Siuflyer's Arena

It would also be cool if attendance was affected by the weather. A lot of those April games in poor weather conditions are pretty sparsely attended even for teams that tend to draw really well.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
Anybody know when/why the attendance announcement that had been part of the post game PA Announcer spiel was removed? I've been playing a series at Coors field that has been sparsely attended, and was waiting for the announcement at the end of the game to see what it said. After several more games, I realized that it's not announced anymore. Weird.

Incidentally, I hope that the small crowds are presented more realistically in MLB 19. There aren't many games "in real life" where the stadium is 35-40% full and the fans are equally dispersed around the stadium rather than crowded into the good seats, particularly at the most fan-unfriendly stadium in the world, Dodger Stadium, where they don't even sell tickets for certain sections until other sections have been sold.
I get attendance announced after almost every game. Unfortunately, sometimes the attendance doesn't match with the game log. Also the announced time of game is often wrong from actual clock in game. In fact, I still think the simulated in game clock moves too slowly even when playing every pitch and full cut scenes. I hope these things are improved this year.

As for fans in seats, they did a much better job in 18 of making attendance more realistic. I especially liked how Dodger stadium gradually filled. I just think they should also make it gradually empty from 7th inning. I too hope they can improve upon it this year.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
anybody know if attendance affects budget/revenue?
yes it does

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #6
MVP

In the past official attendance was dynamic meaning it changed during the game as fans entered or left the ballpark. IRL it is tickets sold.

The good news I don't think it has any impact on anything in franchise.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
except budget/revenue?
I don't know. Is there a breakdown of what impacts budget and revenue? I do know attendance fluctuates during the game unlike IRL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »