Home

Could Zion Williamson bring back athleticism in 2k?

This is a discussion on Could Zion Williamson bring back athleticism in 2k? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Could Zion Williamson bring back athleticism in 2k?

I've been watching a lot of draft coverage this year. My Mavs have around a 7% chance to get the #1 overall pick. It's not enough to be considered feasible, but it's enough to keep me interested. Especially if we keep losing like we have. If we finish in the bottom 5, we have a very good chance at keeping our pick if it falls to 1-4. I'm not saying that Zion and Luka and KP would ever happen, but "HOLY SH-T!!" If it did, right?

Exactly.

So what about the other top 4 guys?

Apparently Ja Morant is the second most athletic player in this draft. He's a great handler/passer and could be a monster in the Mavs system. But its almost assured he's off the board after Zion.

Then the list starts getting cloudy after that. Pretty much everyone else is projected as rotation players or project players.

My question is this... Just like what Curry has done to the real NBA and to the 2k series... Driving the 5 out narrative almost single handedly. Could Zion bring the return of complete and utter domination through sheer athleticism?

Jordan came into the league with unparalleled athleticism and a solid midrange game. Combined with his elite defensive effort, he set the league and the world on fire. Basically, I've spent my whole 2k career trying to put people on posters just like MJ did.

Much to my chagrin, and has been chronicled here the last few years, athleticism in 2k has taken a steep decline. Look at how 2k treats Bigs this year in the paint. After Every Big was able to standing contact dunk last year, they won't even trigger this year. And if they DO trigger most likely the will rim out. I have a buddy with a pure glass cleaner with HOF putback king that passes out after every offensive rebound because he has ZERO confidence going back up in 2k19.

Could Zion Williamson bring back untethered athleticism and domination?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: Could Zion Williamson bring back athleticism in 2k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I've been watching a lot of draft coverage this year. My Mavs have around a 7% chance to get the #1 overall pick. It's not enough to be considered feasible, but it's enough to keep me interested. Especially if we keep losing like we have. If we finish in the bottom 5, we have a very good chance at keeping our pick if it falls to 1-4. I'm not saying that Zion and Luka and KP would ever happen, but "HOLY SH-T!!" If it did, right?

Exactly.

Apparently Ja Morant is the second most athletic player in this draft. He's a great handler/passer and could be a monster in the Mavs system. But its almost assured he's off the board after Zion.

Then the list starts getting cloudy after that. Pretty much everyone else is projected as rotation players or project players.

My question is this... Just like what Curry has done to the real NBA and to the 2k series... Driving the 5 out narrative almost single handedly. Could Zion bring the return of complete and utter domination through sheer athleticism?

Jordan came into the league with unparalleled athleticism and a solid midrange game. Combined with his elite defensive effort, he set the league and the world on fire. Basically, I've spent my whole 2k career trying to put people on posters just like MJ did.

Much to my chagrin, and has been chronicled here the last few years, athleticism in 2k has taken a steep decline. Look at how 2k treats Bigs this year in the paint. After Every Big was able to standing contact dunk last year, they won't even trigger this year. And if they DO trigger most likely the will rim out. I have a buddy with a pure glass cleaner with HOF putback king that passes out after every offensive rebound because he has ZERO confidence going back up in 2k19.

its pretty mind boggling how 2k can never get this right.

either something is way OP or its super nerfed.

seems like they dont know the meaning of balance lol
Old 03-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:

Exactly.

I don't think so.

I remember when Blake Griffin was Wylin' out and the next 2ks we were getting the poster fail animation, where the player would try to dunk on someone, whip the ball out and fall. If you made a slasher you know the animation I'm talkin about.

Also players like Giannis and AD for the most part weren't that useful before this year because slashers couldn't do any contact dunk animations or finish any contact layup animations. And they've been dominating for a min.

If anything the game will start with Slashers being able to eat in the paint, then people will complain like always, and slashing online and offline will be nerfed, in typical 2k fashion.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

The NBA season must be bad if you got to mention Zion in the title lol. I'm calling click bait.

Isn't there another thread on this already?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #5
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Zion's gonna be blowing so many finishes in 2k next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

HUH???

WHAT??

Man, theres level to this game, and unfortunately, not everyone is skilled enough to or choose not to take the time to craft and hone their skills to showcase what 2k has to offer. Athleticism can be reproduced in any nba 2k game dating back to 2k10. You just gotta make the right build and LEARN your animations. I literally study each and every animation that 2k says they include every year and look for new ones, to exploit mismatches. Last year we had blow by animations, they were considered OP, i believe in 2k14, the
alley oop was the cheese that year

You can even hear the commentators frustrations with how cheesy the game was with 1-3-1 defense being OP, yet alley oops were being used against that def to exploit the mismatches.

In 2k18, Blow bys were ridiculous, but its a real aspect in basketball, and was included in last years game. After being exploited on the biggest stage, 2k had to go back and nerf it because they could not have their esport franchise look like a joke going into season 2. Look how athleticism is on display in the 2kleague last year.

And i know for sure in this years game i've had No problem destroying Pro am Comp and in leagues against the best people ion the world duplicating the "ZION ATHLETICISM" you speak of, so maybe you want to get back to the Prelude and start Looking at different Buiolds to work on my guy.

You definitely can duplicate Zions/MJ/LBJ athleticism in 2k.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #7
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

All in the edits.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
All in the edits.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
It's in the stick skills and the builds you play on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »