Home

Create/Edit a Player: Request for Additions to MLB the Show

This is a discussion on Create/Edit a Player: Request for Additions to MLB the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Create/Edit a Player: Request for Additions to MLB the Show

In watching the Twitter streams it appeared that the Developers became most excited when disclosing the new Legends in the game. These gems were spread over all the Twitter Feeds and split between the beginning and end of each feed to keep up the excitement and anticipation. I can well understand it as I too enjoy playing with Legends and want to also have the ability of using the Create and Edit a Player functions to create my own. Unfortunately, when one begins to do so, one quickly learns that the vast majority of all the available hair styles and facial hair choices are modern ones not appropriate for players from yesteryear.

In view of this I am posting this request today. I am hoping that this will at least stir some consideration of my proposed additions.

HAIR STYLES

In regard to hair styles, I would propose adding two more. There is already the available style SHORT PARTED which has the part on the right side. I would suggest also adding:

1. SHORT PARTED MIDDLE; and
2. SHORT PARTED 3/4.

There is already a style PARTED MIDDLE, but the hair is medium or long in length. Those players in the late 1800s or early 1900s with their hair parted in the middle had short hair. Thus, for such players there is a need for a style SHORT PARTED MIDDLE.

The style SHORT PARTED 3/4 is a common short hair style where the hair is parted halfway between on the right and in the middle.

The addition of these two hair styles would go a long way to make it possible to better replicate many old time players.

FACIAL HAIR:

In regard to facial hair, the situation is even worse. If you look at many pictures of baseball players from olden times you will notice that one type of mustache by far is the most prevalent. Yet this one mustache type is not in the game as it is now out of favor. This is the mustache type of players like Hall of Fame pitcher John Clarkson. The below link shows what this mustache looks like.

https://www.mlb.com/player/john-clarkson-112369

In those days the majority of players with mustaches had mustaches of the type worn by Mr. Clarkson. For this reason I would hope that the developers will add such mustache type to future versions of the game.

FIRST NAME VOICE FILES

I have only one name to request here and that is:

ZEKE

LAST NAME VOICE FILES

I would like to see the following names added:

1. Brothers/Brouthers
2. Clarkson
3. Koppe
4. McAleer
5. McKeen
6. Mullane
7. Tebeau

Thank you.

Karle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Create/Edit a Player: Request for Additions to MLB the Show

Make Service Time, amount of minor league Options and Hot Zones editable to please
Old 04-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Anyone know of any good CAP templates? Wanting to create Billy Chapel (SP) from For Love of The Game! Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-29-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Make Service Time, amount of minor league Options and Hot Zones editable to please
This plus let us add stats for past seasons and the year those stats were earned.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »