Home

Bat & Ball physics

This is a discussion on Bat & Ball physics within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2019, 01:34 AM   #1
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Bat & Ball physics

I'm not bringing this up to complain. I honestly love 19 and its the best version yet. I'm bringing it up as it needs to be looked into I think.

Iv'e been noticing that i'm striking out on pitches with good timing and knowing that I aimed my PCI at the spot of the pitch. The last time I captured video of it:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 03:21 AM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bat & Ball physics

I play directional hitting, but I do think the bat to ball physics are a little wonky this year. It feels like you are rewarded with harder hits on late or slightly late hits. Also there are times where the end result just doesn't match up with the swing. I can't put my finger on it but something definitely feels a bit off this year. But your right still a pretty darn good game
Old 04-04-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'm not bringing this up to complain. I honestly love 19 and its the best version yet. I'm bringing it up as it needs to be looked into I think.

Iv'e been noticing that i'm striking out on pitches with good timing and knowing that I aimed my PCI at the spot of the pitch. The last time I captured video of it:

Is switching to directional an option for you? Like he said above, I have noticed a few minor issues on that end, and it took a few games for me to get timing down, but the bat is swinging pretty well now.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I play directional hitting, but I do think the bat to ball physics are a little wonky this year. It feels like you are rewarded with harder hits on late or slightly late hits. Also there are times where the end result just doesn't match up with the swing. I can't put my finger on it but something definitely feels a bit off this year. But your right still a pretty darn good game

I mentioned this in other thread. Consistently opposite field hits can be hit much harder than pulled hits. Also the issue with timing being "good" and still going the opposite way. There is some consistency issues that need to be looked at or addressed.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
I mentioned this in other thread. Consistently opposite field hits can be hit much harder than pulled hits. Also the issue with timing being "good" and still going the opposite way. There is some consistency issues that need to be looked at or addressed.
I did get the Velociraptor trophy on a pulled ball by Paul Goldschmidt so it is possible to get high exit velocity on a pulled ball.

But I am beginning to agree that Good timing, squared up hits seem to always be right at fielders. It does seem at times that slightly early or late swings will find the gaps more. The opposing teams CFs certainly get a workout when my time is correct and I square up mistake pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I did get the Velociraptor trophy on a pulled ball by Paul Goldschmidt so it is possible to get high exit velocity on a pulled ball.

But I am beginning to agree that Good timing, squared up hits seem to always be right at fielders. It does seem at times that slightly early or late swings will find the gaps more. The opposing teams CFs certainly get a workout when my time is correct and I square up mistake pitches.
I am also starting to get think that maybe it's not as much the physics as it is the feedback needs tuning. There are tons of times where I am right on a pitch and it will say slightly early. But there are also times where I am absolutely fooled on the fastball (sitting breaking ball), and will get good timing on a hit I barely felt I caught up with. Just a thought
Old 04-04-2019, 11:14 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Okay, so been playing a bit more tonight and there is definitely something either wrong with the bat/ball physics, or the feedback is messed up. It is nearly impossible to pull a hanging breaking ball right now even on the inside of the plate if your feedback comes back as good. In custom practice right now and just lobbing to see if I am crazy. Out of 25 hanging breaking balls that 16 were on the insinde half of the plate (the batters pull side). Out of these 16 I had good timing on all but two, the either two were on early. Out of the 14 that I had "good timing" on, none of them were pulled and were all either hit slightly to the push side of second base or greatly to the push side of second base.

The ones that had good timing felt right, like I was supposed to be swinging when I did. This leads me to believe that this is a bat/ball physics issue and not feedback. And yes I made sure for these results I made sure all of my hitters were pull tendency as to not skew the results using the NL all stars. Something is definitely up right now and just can't put my finger on it. I saw country boy mention in the patch thread they are aware there is an "issue", so hopefully they can get it resolved
Old 04-05-2019, 12:45 AM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Son, I don't know how to say this, but... you have a hole in your swing.

Spoiler
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »