Home

Timing Issues

This is a discussion on Timing Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
Timing Issues

Sorry if this topic has been raised already.. But am I the only one having a MAJOR issue with timing? There’s about a half second of lag between when I press the button and when it registers and it’s effecting my hitting and pitching (I’m a simple guy who uses directional hitting and meter pitching)

Does this have to do with the frame rate issue? It’s very hard for me to press a button a half second early, especially when hitting because it goes against everything I’ve ever done to time things in this game. I am frustrated to say the least
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Timing Issues

Online or offline ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Hmmmm my timing is okay on Legend at pitch speeds at 10 but I've only played in minor leagues and spring training parks, don't know about MLB ballparks yet. I play offline on regular PS4 with analog stride.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

My plasma has a hint of input lag for sure, but I'm used to it. I don't feel anything different from 18. I don't think the PCI responds as quickly as I'd like for it to, though (it still locks too early for my liking).

I hate to be 'that guy', but make sure you have Game Mode enabled and such. A 0.5 second lag is bad, because a real fastball reaches home plate at 0.4 seconds lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

bro, u cant play mlb with the network connected. I noticed the same thing. for some reasons online connected makes the game have a sec lag sometimes. the best way to play the game is disconnected which sucks bc my buddy and I like to chat on ps4 headset and play our games but I saw the lag n timing off and couldn't do it. its horrible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
My plasma has a hint of input lag for sure, but I'm used to it. I don't feel anything different from 18. I don't think the PCI responds as quickly as I'd like for it to, though (it still locks too early for my liking).

I hate to be 'that guy', but make sure you have Game Mode enabled and such. A 0.5 second lag is bad, because a real fastball reaches home plate at 0.4 seconds lol.
Yes a baseball takes just over 4 milliseconds to reach the plate and the hitter has just over 3 milliseconds to react so I'm wondering at Legand pitch speeds at 10 comes close to that

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #7
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

I can play with Pitch speed at 6-7 when directly connected to my 27inches computer monitor. But when i move to my 65” LG ( old model) ... I have to go down to like 1-2 max... or I’m late on all pitches. My TV setup also have an Onkyo audio-video receiver but I’m bypassing it for my PS4 or too much lag.

I remember playing Rock Band and they had a lag testing tool. You had to follow a visual cue for over a minutes at a regular beat and just pressing X. At the end, after probably close to 100 key press they were giving an estimated lag in milliseconds. Would like to see something similar in MLBTS.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:19 AM   #8
Pro

shark547's Arena

I have a gaming monitor with a Ben Q monitor and I find that timing and lag in online modes are very inconsistent. I have not played off line modes yet. At this point anything above veteran is pretty much impossible as I have to push the swing button as soon as the pitcher releases the ball and will still be late on pitches.

As far as consistency I also have times on Veteran in DD modes where I can't even catch up to 82 mph change ups. Then a few games later I pull a 98 mph fastball foul because I am so far ahead of it.

I really don't know if it is my internet provider or the game though.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »