Home

NBA 2K20 Pro-Am Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Pro-Am Wishlist Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #1
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K20 Pro-Am Wishlist Thread

I’ll start it off with some of my opinions.

I honestly think its time for some commentary and replays. It will make games way more immersive and entertaining. Fifa does well at this. Also zoom in on players celebrating after they score sometimes.

Pro-Am Online Leagues would be a game changer. Just like MyLeague Online is setup you should be able to setup a Pro Am League. As a captain you can join a league and add your team in. Imagine playing a season with your pro am team against others and fighting to make the playoffs and win a championship.

For Walk-On let there be different places you play instead of the dull jordan rec center. Let each location have a different set of jerseys with different colors. Tired of seeing black and white jerseys all day long in the same gym.

You should be able to choose the inbounder. Teams can become very strategic by letting there PG inbound since they are better passers.

We should be able to choose are positions before a game in Team Pro-Am and also customize a coach that can be seen on the sidelines. Maybe have different coaches that helps your team as a whole specialize in certain styles of play. Another way to make games more strategic.

User created playbooks for Team Pro-Am would be a great addition also. Allowing you to choose set plays for each player on your team.

Last edited by youngprince41; 04-29-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

Re: NBA 2K20 Pro-Am Wishlist Thread

In walk-on or rec center(or whatever) I'd like more viewable players stats in pre-game, instead of just ppg and w-l/grade. Also rematches.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:38 AM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

A seemingly simple addition that I'd appreciate is splitting stats up among your different players. I have to create my own spreadsheet to split stats up so that I know how I'm playing with my rim protecting center versus my sharpshooting guard for example.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

Can we get full game stats back like in 2K16 please?

Old 05-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #5
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

I play a lot of walk on/rec center.

For next year can we have the defensive matchups for the floor general back please?

It helped a lot last year because the matchmaking isn't that great.

Also you could make the CPU bots on your team play different types of Defense like loose or smother.

This way if someone quits on your team the other player on the other team wont be able to abuse the bot as much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #6
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

I want the option to pick CPU archetypes if a team doesn't have a full five. Kind of like how you could pick your base roster in 2k11.(team Pro-Am only)

Also, if you play REC with 3 or 4 because you don't have 5 for Pro-Am I want the option to have the CPU fill your open spots. Sometimes a 60ovr CPU is better than a random that has no idea what they're doing.

Most of all I want control over lineups before you matchmake. Being a 6'10SF/PF and constantly being put at SG just because my rating is the lowest on the team is incredibly frustrating.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
Can we get full game stats back like in 2K16 please?

They should allow you to look back through the last 10 games also, all the stats, shot charts, etc
Old 05-13-2019, 10:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Features & Maintenance

Go back to the 2K16 system where everyone has a team permanently tied to their gamertag that will always be there and can never be deleted. It sucks having to delete/recreate your pro am team in 2K19 and start over with the same basic court/uniforms every time that you want to play with a different group of friends.

Expand team pro am rosters to 15 total players with 1 team captain who can change anything about team and 2 assistant captains who can only add or remove players from the team's roster (in case the team captain isn't online).

Hold one official, 2K-sponsored pro am tournament per month with 3 weeks of online qualification and 1 weekend of single elimination bracket play. After 8 months of repeating this process, the 8 winners get to faceoff in a bracket tournament with the following setup: best of 3 (opening round), best of 5 (semifinal) best of 7 (final).

Let us access the MyPlayer menu while inside the team pro am practice arena so that we can easily change our animations, shoes, or accessories without leaving the arena.

Let us wear any socks or accessories that are in our MyPlayer's inventory like we could in 2K17 and don't just limit us to the generic white or generic team-colored socks & accessories like 2K19 does.

Have a netted ball machine (like you have in some of the MyCareer drills) located at one end of the team pro am practice arena so that we can practice triple threat and catch & shoot situations in this gym.

Let us spawn as little as 1 and as many as 9 AI players in the team practice arena and customize their height/weight/archetype for individual or team practice.

Let team owners save up to 5 different jersey designs and up to 3 different court designs for their team. On the pregame loading screen, team owners should then be able to pick from those court/uniform options (and see what the other team is picking) to ensure that there are no color clashes during gameplay.

Add font options for gamertags on the back of pro am jerseys (you are limited to one default font on gamertags in 2K19).

Standardize the color tones for all aspects of court & jersey customization. Currently in 2K19, if you choose the exact same color and apply it to different parts of the team editor (jersey numbers, court paint, court text, arena paint, arena text, seat paint) you'll end up with slight variances in the color tone and the colors won't match perfectly like they should.

Bring back the custom crowd chants and custom crowd signs features from College Hoops 2K8. If bad apples abuse these features with crude/racist language, just let us flag them using the existing report function to put their team under investigation by 2K.

Give us multiple options for the PA announcer voice (2K19 just has 1 default voice). I'd like to have the OH BABY! guy from the old AND1 tours, if possible.

Fix custom arena sounds (they are broken in 2K19). The arena sounds often trigger at the wrong times and for the wrong team this year. And please let us turn off Flavor Flav's annoying YEEEEEAAA BOIIIIIII sound clip; there's currently no option to turn that one on/off in 2K19.

Fix the timeout camera angle glitch. If you call multiple timeouts during the same dead ball inbound situation, the camera will sometimes glitch out and stay in the cinematic timeout camera view instead of resetting to the proper gameplay camera angle.

Fix the wrong uniform glitch. Sometimes a player on the other team will be wearing your own team's uniform, making it look like it's a 6 vs. 4 game.

Fix the clear path foul logic. Maybe 10% of the time a clear path foul will be called when the defense is fouling to stop an obvious breakaway fastbreak.

Fix the oversight that results in the game displaying your MyCareer hotspots instead of your ProAm hotspots while you're shooting around in the pro am team arena. Keep the hotspots separate for all three modes (MyCareer, Park, Pro Am) like they were in 2K19.

Fix whatever is causing the "searching for opponent" stage of finding a team pro am game to hang and stall out for 10+ minutes at a time.

Let the point guard choose his team's inbounder in all dead ball situations. A menu with each teammate's controller icon button should pop up on the PG's screen prior to the inbound screen wipe. Live ball inbounds after a made basket should automatically go to whichever frontcourt player (SF, PF, or C) is closest to the basketball when it goes through the net.

Remove the movement restriction that was artificially created for 2K19 to prevent offensive players from using the turbo button and sprinting downcourt after the other team makes a basket. All players (offense and defense) should be able to move freely at all times without any turbo restrictions like they could in 2K18.

Remove the artificially created button delay that exists while trying to inbound the ball with an icon pass after a made basket. I should be able to inbound the ball with an icon pass as soon as both my player's feet step behind the baseline. If the fully human-controlled defense can't get back in transition then that's on them. Stop putting all these artificial shackles on the inbound offense.

Let the point guard and anyone with playmaking in their build call plays/change defenses/change matchups/change the freelance offense. When any of these strategic changes are made they should go into effect immediately. Please don't keep it like it is in 2K19 where we have to waste a timeout just to make a defensive matchup switch. Also let us start changing all of these settings from the first moment that the game loads up instead of having to wait until after the ball has been tipped off. That way, we can get all of our team's strategies set up correctly before the tip off happens.

Let us assign a controller icon to each teammate before we start searching for a match so that we don't get thrown off by teammates changing icons from game to game (E.G., donkeybong420 was assigned to the X button last game, but now he's on the B button for this game, which messes with your muscle memory when you're using the icon passes).

Give us a slider in our controller settings to increase/decrease the size of the passing icons. I feel like they appear too small on the screen at their current size in 2K19.

I like having only 4 timeouts per team; keep that rule.

Please keep pro am limited to 5 vs. 5 matches with all human players. Do not allow AI players back into pro am. If I wanted to play against the AI I'd go play a MyCareer game. Pro Am should only be human vs. human competition.

Game Balance

Get rid of purchasable attribute boots. Pay-to-win game design doesn't belong in competitive online games.

Get rid of purchasable gatorade energy boosts. Pay-to-win game design doesn't belong in competitive online games.

Get rid of the gym rat badge and the energy recharge system. Everyone's energy meter should be the same length for every single pro am game. Put everyone on a level playing field and stop disrupting play sessions with pointless training facility busywork.

Get rid of the microwave badge on MyPlayers, as it just makes it too easy to get hot and unlock takeover mode. I feel like 6 scores/6 assists/8 rebounds/8 defensive plays without making a mistake are more reasonable targets for unlocking takeover. Team takeover should unlock after 10 scores/10 assists/12 rebounds/12 defensive plays with no mistakes. And if someone tips the ball or you lose the ball but regain it without it becoming a turnover, that shouldn't cause you to empty your entire takeover meter like it does in 2K19.

The "Pro Am clutch performer" badge (MyCareer and Park should each have their own separate clutch performer badges) should only be unlocked after hitting 23 game-tying or go-ahead field goals (free throws don't count) in the final minute of the 4th quarter or the final minute of overtime in online pro am matches.

In Pro Am, the spark plug badge shouldn't have anything to do with timeouts. It should just give a small boost to each teammate's takeover meter after you perform a highlight play (ankle breaker leading to an assist/score, posterizer, alley oop, flashy assist, three pointer beyond your player's greenable shooting range, block, steal). The badge should unlock after performing 50 highlight plays in online pro am matches.

The championship DNA badge should only be obtainable in MyCareer and shouldn't do anything during Pro Am games.

The "Pro Am alpha dog" badge (MyCareer and Park should each have their own separate alpha dog badges) should be earned by scoring 50 times when two or more of your teammates have the cold snowflake symbol next to their names in online pro am matches. Once unlocked, it should raise all of your MyPlayer's attributes by 5 points whenever two or more teammates are cold.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-21-2019 at 10:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »