Home

What’s Pick & Roll Option mean??

This is a discussion on What’s Pick & Roll Option mean?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
What’s Pick & Roll Option mean??

Option is roll or pop??? What exactly do these plays do to the big, like I don’t get the meaning of option...? Thx!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: What’s Pick & Roll Option mean??

Roll = Roll towards basket (i.e. cut to rim)
Pop = Pop away from basket (i.e. space for a jumper)
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 05-04-2019, 11:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I know man, there are plays for pick and roll, pick and pop, but there are also a set of plays called pick and roll option, whats the diff when the play is under just pick and roll vs pick and roll option???
Old 05-05-2019, 01:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Option is roll or pop??? What exactly do these plays do to the big, like I don’t get the meaning of option...? Thx!
I run with the Clippers PB which is a PnR. My fav play in the book is called Fist 92 Side. It’s a side pick and slip followed by a pick and pop. Your options is to drive it middle and either score,hit the roll guy,or pass it back to your stretch 4. One thing I see people do is the call the play wait for the defense to come up and drive baseline ( finish with an op baseline reverse layup).

Best way to get used to using and running plays is going to 2KU and practicing the plays until you get comfortable with them and familiar with them.

My next fav play is Fist 92 Down. It's almost the same play as the first one,but this time we are in horns (C/PF at the elbow .... SF/SG Wings in the corners ). Pick and roll with the center or pass back to your stretch 4. More often than not you’re gonna get a corner 3ball from your sf or sg if the defense doesn't rotate to guard the corners.

Also familiarize yourself with the terminology i.e. horns etc!

Horns - Horns formation ( 2 Bigs at the elbows, wings in the corners)

DBL- double screen

Weave- multiple handoffs at the perimeter

Flare - Play that involves a flare screen

Give - handoff play

Cut- play where some player(s) cuts to the basket.

Alley- possible alley oop. Mostly in combination with a cut play.

Exm: Cut alley 12 means that the PG has the ball and the (SG)2 guard gets some sort of screens which result in a cut and a potential alley oop

Iso - Isolation play obviously means a clear out allowing the best player to go one on one much the way the Rockets do with James Harden.

Hopes this helps a bit! GL!

Last edited by testorz; 05-05-2019 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:35 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorz
I run with the Clippers PB which is a PnR. My fav play in the book is called Fist 92 Side. It’s a side pick and slip followed by a pick and pop. Your options is to drive it middle and either score,hit the roll guy,or pass it back to your stretch 4. One thing I see people do is the call the play wait for the defense to come up and drive baseline ( finish with an op baseline reverse layup).

Best way to get used to using and running plays is going to 2KU and practicing the plays until you get comfortable with them and familiar with them.

My next fav play is Fist 92 Down. It's almost the same play as the first one,but this time we are in horns (C/PF at the elbow .... SF/SG Wings in the corners ). Pick and roll with the center or pass back to your stretch 4. More often than not you’re gonna get a corner 3ball from your sf or sg if the defense doesn't rotate to guard the corners.

DBL- double screen

Give - handoff play

Exm: Cut alley 12 means that the PG has the ball and the (SG)2 guard gets some sort of screens which result in a cut and a potential alley oop

Iso - Isolation play obviously means a clear out allowing the best player to go one on one much the way the Rockets do with James Harden.

what the hell is wrong with you?! bold bright Red and pink font for your Text? i am getting eye cancer...

@op i think Option means that a Play includes a Pick for the ballhandler as Main Option and then evolves around that with different options like Off all screens and Stuff like that. Not limited to the Option if the Pick Setter rolls or pops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorz

DBL- double screen

Give - handoff play

Perfect

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »