Home

Enough with the insane dives in the OF

This is a discussion on Enough with the insane dives in the OF within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2019, 04:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Enough with the insane dives in the OF

When I play conquest, there's AT LEAST, 2 or 3 insane diving catches made per game. Once in a blue moon the ball will hit the glove and bounce out, or bounce just in front... But mostly it's Superman laid out dives for catching the ball.

I could see if some of the guys fielding attribute were really high, then sure, higher probability they can make those moves. But everyone can't be a gold glove defensive OF.

I'll play from Veteran/All-star to HOF. Even on vet, these catches are made routinely. Anyone else noticing this? If so, they def need to tweak this in the next patch for the game. It's just insanity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Enough with the insane dives in the OF

That’s weird because 95% diving catches attempted in franchise bounce out of the glove lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
That’s weird because 95% diving catches attempted in franchise bounce out of the glove lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agreed. I wish I could stop the CPU from diving at this point because all they do is give up doubles and triples when missing dives
Old 05-09-2019, 03:42 AM   #4
Pro

If I'm playing conquest, they'll catch about 80% of the diving catches. MtO they seem to be on about the same place. I've only really legged s triple out twice as the ball got by. Usually it will get knocked into the ground, or it will stay near them.

Yesterday a RF slid on his back and I inside the parked it with Lorenzo Cain. I'm not sure if there's a slider like in Madden for "spectacular catches"... Haven't seen one. But they should really address this in the next patch or update. It's the one big flaw in the game far as I can tell.

Other than that, I love the game.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Made a thread about this not too long ago but it seems like SDS was listening because the cpu doesn’t dive anywhere near as much as before and now I’m seeing misses. Before it was 9 out of 10 the CPU would dive and the ball would just hit off the glove. Also seems the defensive reaction for cpu has gotten faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRnSxX
Made a thread about this not too long ago but it seems like SDS was listening because the cpu doesn’t dive anywhere near as much as before and now I’m seeing misses. Before it was 9 out of 10 the CPU would dive and the ball would just hit off the glove. Also seems the defensive reaction for cpu has gotten faster.
I missed your thread... But I'm still seeing an inordinate amount of diving catches with relatively low misses. Nelson Cruz is far from a gold glover in right... Yet he makes these remarkable diving catches. There are misses... But not nearly as much risk when it comes to the CPU doing it.

I've been playing diamond dynasty and MtO. When I play against the CPU in MtO the catches are ridiculous. Same goes if I'm playing with my diamond dynasty team in conquest...

If SDS could remedy that, along with the legacy issue of the pick off (I'm getting nailed with Trea Turner at first even with just a single tap of L1, and his speed/steal numbers are both 97)... I'd say the game was damn near perfection. Since I bought the digital deluxe version all I've played is The Show (save for some trials rising on Xbox here or there, I've been all in on The Show)
Old 05-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's the thing with dives in the OF:

They just "look" weird. Whether the CPU catches it or not, it kind of reminds me of a kid who discovered you could dive for a ball during little league batting practice. It looks awkward. I feel like if I'm the one controlling the player and get them to dive, it's much more realistic and fluid. Maybe it's just me, but it seems very lunky when the CPU dives for the ball.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Now I’m seeing complete misses and super grabs now lol every once and a while I’ll see the ball deflect off the glove.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »