Home

New Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed at EA Play

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed at EA Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed at EA Play

On a livestream broadcast of EA Play from Los Angeles, Adam Rank and and some guests...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 03:01 AM   #2
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2
Need to see ball trajectories and some realistic player movement to impress me.* *Defensive players getting burned when out of position as well instead of warping on a dime to make a play.* Oh and WRs actually making a play on the ball instead of the D seeming to always know where the ball is and not the WR.* *No super Lbs and psychic Dbs either.* When all that is fixed, you got my money.*
Old 06-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: New Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed at EA Play

I just cringe whenever I see the word "objectives" used with Madden like they are. I'm going to hate this, I feel, where playing the game becomes less about just football and more about completing objectives so that my players can unlock these X-factor abilities. If that is true, then the game could move away from a style I enjoy and more towards whatever the AI determines I should do to complete these objectives.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I just cringe whenever I see the word "objectives" used with Madden like they are. I'm going to hate this, I feel, where playing the game becomes less about just football and more about completing objectives so that my players can unlock these X-factor abilities. If that is true, then the game could move away from a style I enjoy and more towards whatever the AI determines I should do to complete these objectives.
It really should be automatically done just playing the game and having a good series w/o the prompt...I'm not too hyped about this feature play out the way it's being introduced..we'll have to see if it's done the same way online 🤷🏿*♂️

Sent From that S9 bayyyyyyy-beee
Old 06-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not a fan of the objective things either. It starts to feel like a chore after a while and not fun, that's why I always turn the xp graphics off. Otherwise, I start to force things instead of playing the game naturally.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I'm not a fan of the objective things either. It starts to feel like a chore after a while and not fun, that's why I always turn the xp graphics off. Otherwise, I start to force things instead of playing the game naturally.
I will always just play naturally no matter what, but I definitely turn off all the goals, objectives, XP stuff as well. People can play how they want to, but it always surprises me when I see many Sim players leaving that stuff on.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
None of any of this sounds fun or good unless I feel like paying for playing cards and playing online. Other than that, its all half baked and half developed modes in an attempt to keep the game selling .
Our only hope is that NFL pulls the exclusivity or that EA changes its culture and fixes its base code for the next gen. Or maybe if the gaming community and reviewers stop pandering to EA's $$ and really review the game truthfully.. Or maybe we all stop paying for the same busted game with annual releases and minimal updates . But Allas, probably not one of these things is *gonna happen anytime soon.*
Old 06-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I can admit I get the concept - all this really is, is a way to reflect in Madden the same sort of thing NBA games have done for years with a player getting hot after a sequence of consecutively good plays. I really like that, and it's realistic. Everyone has seen players just start to feel it and hit another gear. Sometimes that happens when they are clicking, sometimes players just turn it on in big games and moments. So I respect the attempt to bring that into the game. I want to feel like I'm in trouble if I let Mahomes get going early...I want to feel like I'm in for a long day if Saquan Barkely gets into a groove and starts making highlights.

BUT -> this objectives approach I feel is the wrong way to implement this. I have to reserve final judgment until I play it but it seems to me that going into a game saying "ok, I'm going to get ODBJ 7 catches in the first quarter to unlock his zone special moves" detracts from the immersion and simulation.

I feel like it can be as bad as the exp. Related drive goals (which were often nonsensical).

I should be trying to get ODBJ the ball because he's an impact player and that's what you do. The defense should be scheming to try to stop that. I don't like the idea of "ok 3 more passes to him and then I'm going to unleash our special attack" sort of approach.

Maybe it's just me, and maybe it won't feel that way. Maybe the x factors are so superior that they will already be getting fed regardless so it doesn't feel forced. I hope so.

Last edited by Daywalker86; 06-09-2019 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Sp*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »