Home

Diamond dynasty 101

This is a discussion on Diamond dynasty 101 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Diamond dynasty 101

Okay so I’ve been an old school franchise guy for over a decade and I’m just now dipping into DD. This guy at work plays DD and kinda talked me into giving it a shot. I literally have no idea what’s going on even after I read the tutorials. What’s the best way to get diamond players? I guess what I’m asking is what’s the most efficient way, in your opinion, to building an elite team? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Diamond dynasty 101

An elite team will take a lot of gameplay or money or some combination of both. There are plenty of free cards or good diamonds that are relatively low in Stubbs. You should have some Stubbs built up and some xp if you’ve been playing franchise already. Go into diamond dynasty and see if you have any packs and check the community market for cards that you’re interested in to purchase with your Stubbs

Old 07-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

I would say decide if you are willing to spend money or not and how much. There's plenty of free cards you can earn that are legit but it takes some time to earn. You can grind Ranked Seasons with a lesser team but you'll really have to lower your expectations. The mode is full of RNG so really you can still beat teams full of diamonds but I wouldn't worry about record. You get a ton of XP for playing online so just grind until you get those cards. Or grind Conquest games and Play vs CPU.

If you're willing to spend money then use it on buying the players you want. Do not buy packs expecting to get anywhere. If you're doing the Live Series collection for Willie Mays I would just buy the diamonds outright to do the collections. I feel like they're all cheaper now than they have been all year and you'll spend less that way. It's fun to crack packs but it's definitely not the most efficient way unless you're incredibly lucky.

Ultimately in DD and Ranked Seasons specifically don't go in with an Uber competitive mindset. There's a lot of RNG like I said and you will lose your mind. Even the best players in the world mention it in their streams how random stuff seems to play out and make games closer than they should be. So try to see it as watching a game that you can interact with and don't get so invested in every pitch. You WILL experience perfect release pitches out of the zone going down the middle and watching them fly out of the park. You WILL experience swinging a pool noodle even when making good contact with the PCI while your opponent seemingly finds every gap. You WILL line out a dozen times while your opponent bloops their way to a lead.

Honestly the best advice I can give is to not get frustrated while playing. The better your team is the better you expect them to perform but a lot of times it feels like it doesn't even matter.

Check out the XP Rewards path and plan out your team by seeing which players you can add and how soon. Then maybe contemplate filling in the gaps with any stubs you have built up or if you're willing to buy.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 07-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Easiest way to make a bit of money, is the created player collection missions. They are hidden away a bit, but essentially, you can lock in one or two gold players in each position and you'll get something like 500-750 stubs per position. The way this is profitable, is that you can easily get these gold players for 1005 stubs each, then lock them in for the missions, then Quick Sell (discard) them and get 1000 stubs back. So essentially it's free stubs and experience for buying players, locking them in, then discarding them for the price you paid for them in the first place.

The collection missions in general have quite a few ways of making XP and stubs without really paying anything, if you remember that golds can be discarded for 1000, silvers for 100 and bronzes for 25.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

I did really well with diamonds in packs this year, early on... But a lot of solid players (high golds, low to medium diamond players) can be gotten on the marketplace for cheap.

If you grind, conquest is a good mode, and ranked seasons will help up your XP. Every 5 levels you will get rewarded with something. Off the top of my head I think it's 25 levels to choose a diamond player. But there's a lot of solid cards in doing the live series collections. I got 3 diamond Astros in packs, so I bought the other 2, and for the reward card for completing the collection (91 overall Mike Scott)

Do the moments. There's some great rewards (like a signature series Adam Wainwright).

IMO it's the best mode in the game. I've spent maybe 70 bucks on stubs and bought the pack bundles. That will help you fill out some of the clubs. Don't expect to get a ton of top tier players... Although like I said, I got quite a few diamonds in packs this year.

Just play and enjoy. It's not too hard to pick up once you get into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 04:15 AM   #6
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Wow guys I really appreciate that detailed feedback! I’ve been going back and forth between DD and franchise. I find the moments really fun to do as well

Old 07-18-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Wow guys I really appreciate that detailed feedback! I’ve been going back and forth between DD and franchise. I find the moments really fun to do as well

Once you get into it, it's addictive. It's the best 'card' game/collection among any of the other sports titles. If you are still looking for some tips don't hesitate to PM me, or (speaking for others who've replied) for more information.

Make sure you get some movement with team affinity XP. Some of the team epics are great rewards. Plus you'll get multiple packs while using players from a certain club.

For me, the best way to begin is buying 2 pack bundles. It'll help you fill out your roster. Plus you'll recoup some of the stubs you spent on selling doubles.

There's a bunch of different collections. The started collection can be done pretty quickly... And will boost your XP... FAST. Same goes for the love series collections, and the created player collection. That last one you just go through certain levels of cards, bronze, silver and gold. Those will give you a great boost in XP, which in turn will net you more, better/higher ranked cards.

Just don't let the ratings fool you. Ice been using Blake Treinen since I began, have 86 saves in 91 chances. His base rating is only an 81, but he's usually modded (cards can go up or down in ratings given how they w performed on the actual field). If there's someone you're comfortable with, and are having success with, don't be afraid to stick to it...

The only thing I think they could do better in, is allowing the player to decide how deep he wants his bullpen/bench. If I want to carry 13 pitchers, I should be able to, and vice versa.

When you play ranked seasons, your pitcher will fatigue. So if you rely on someone more so than anyone else, pull him out from your roster for a game and let him get his wind back. Other than that, good luck and enjoy yourself. It's a phenomenal mode.

Sorry I got a little verbose there...
Old 07-27-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Best bet is to play the new MLB partner moments Fuzzy and Mills moments and the Griffey moments will get you 3 diamond lefty hitters easily. Also invest in Gold Joey Gallo, Yasmani Grandal is also very good at C and has good power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »