Home

My Ace is prone to give up the long ball

This is a discussion on My Ace is prone to give up the long ball within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
Rookie

modore's Arena

OVR: 5
My Ace is prone to give up the long ball

I'm playing as the Nats and Scherzer has given up close to 30 bombs in 15 starts. The rest of the staff has normal numbers.
Just seems like I can't get by with a mistake when he pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My Ace is prone to give up the long ball

The only thing I can think is, as great as Max is, he inspires a lotta confidence. Might have to start throwing more pitches way outside the zone? Dunno, just spitballing here

A Work in Progress
Old 07-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by modore
I'm playing as the Nats and Scherzer has given up close to 30 bombs in 15 starts. The rest of the staff has normal numbers.
Just seems like I can't get by with a mistake when he pitches.
Might be worth trying to figure out if there is a trend to when he's giving up the long ball - a particular count, a particular pitch, location, a R or L hitter and adjust your strategy accordingly. It might be you take more risks when you're pitching with Scherzer than you would with your other arms.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Your pitching with Max, but what level and pitching slider's are you working with? Do you follow what the catcher's call for all of time? Are you using the pitching meter? What this game does best is pitch, but if you miss your spots the CPU will you make you pay. No matter who is pitching & who's at the dish!
Old 07-27-2019, 07:13 PM   #5
Rookie

modore's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Your pitching with Max, but what level and pitching slider's are you working with? Do you follow what the catcher's call for all of time? Are you using the pitching meter? What this game does best is pitch, but if you miss your spots the CPU will you make you pay. No matter who is pitching & who's at the dish!
Classic pitching on HOF. I don't use the catcher's signals. Settings are playing out realistically. No pattern on what gets taken deep. It's happened on fb, slider change, cb.
I maybe get less careful working both sides and corners with him than the others on the staff.
One other thing I'll check is if there is a rating for HR/9. I don't think that there is. I think there is H/9 only. But in real life some pitchers are certainly more likely to get taken deep.
Thanks for all the feedback. It's not a complaint on the game. I am curious if others have this going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »