Home

FIFA 20 Gameplay Video - Liverpool vs. Real Madrid

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Gameplay Video - Liverpool vs. Real Madrid within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
FIFA 20 Gameplay Video - Liverpool vs. Real Madrid

During the 2019 Fifa eWorld Cup, EA showed off some FIFA 20 gameplay footage, featuring Liverpool...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by KG; 08-04-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Twitch - FIFA 20

The trickery of having 4 people play is disheartening. They basically showed me what it would look like playing proclubs. Maybe someone else who watched can tell me if that was good gameplay or not. Its hard to tell if the AI is playing well when the humans are making all the key moves.

Sent from using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Yeah 2v2 isn’t ideal for showcasing the game. Like you said, it’s basically pro clubs where the player not on the ball tried to abuse the AI.

Was a bit disappointed in the lack of fouls as it looked like there were a couple that should have been called but for the most part defenders couldn’t even get close enough to the attackers to showcase the new physicality.

Hopefully it all slows down vs the AI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Thought it looked encouraging myself. The overhaul of the game flow was easily apparent, and the spacing of players was much improved. Some of the worst of the backline positioning problems looked to be gone, and I didn't see defenders getting pulled out of position so easily.

Ball physics could be a nice improvement. For the most part balls didn't go back to attackers, but it did happen a couple times, and I didn't see any of those terrible ricochet moments where the ball just pings around and it's chaos. The ball still doesn't have quite the amount of bounce that it has in PES, but looks better.

People are killing it on social media for ending 0-0, but seeing four high level players not score is encouraging to me.

After playing the PES demo nonstop, gotta say FIFA's graphics are looking VERY aged. PES almost looks next gen in comparison, while I always hate going back to FIFAs lightweight-feeling and skinny player models.

I'm pretty excited though. Looks to me like some of the biggest problems with 19 (and prior) are overhauled if not totally fixed.

Last I just have to say that usually I find these early gameplay videos, esp cause usually it's multiplayer, to make my eyes bleed but I didn't hate what I was seeing.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Thought it looked encouraging myself. The overhaul of the game flow was easily apparent, and the spacing of players was much improved. Some of the worst of the backline positioning problems looked to be gone, and I didn't see defenders getting pulled out of position so easily.

Ball physics could be a nice improvement. For the most part balls didn't go back to attackers, but it did happen a couple times, and I didn't see any of those terrible ricochet moments where the ball just pings around and it's chaos. The ball still doesn't have quite the amount of bounce that it has in PES, but looks better.

People are killing it on social media for ending 0-0, but seeing four high level players not score is encouraging to me.

After playing the PES demo nonstop, gotta say FIFA's graphics are looking VERY aged. PES almost looks next gen in comparison, while I always hate going back to FIFAs lightweight-feeling and skinny player models.

I'm pretty excited though. Looks to me like some of the biggest problems with 19 (and prior) are overhauled if not totally fixed.

Last I just have to say that usually I find these early gameplay videos, esp cause usually it's multiplayer, to make my eyes bleed but I didn't hate what I was seeing.
PES demo looked almost next gen??? I honestly felt the complete opposite. Thought it looked a bit last gen. Lol. That's too harsh but the graphics just don't look polished enough to me. Maybe our TVs are completely different or it's definitely a "beauty in the eye of the beholder". I wasn't too fond of the gameplay, neither, unlike either last yr's demo or the yr before.

Interested in what Fifa 20 demo will look and play like. I've had a couple complaints about Fifa's looks in the past but I'd say the last one, at least in terms of the demo, wasn't too bad but I haven't owned a Fifa in a few yrs. Never owned a PES. I'd consider myself a soccer casual but I play both demos because the games are somewhat fun to play.

I look forward to early access of Fifa 20 even more than the demo since this is the 1st yr PS4 has EA Access so I can play the latest build before deciding to purchase. I'll be downloading Fifa 19 sooner or later from it.

Oh, this build of Fifa 20 looked too fast but I agree with the fluidity. Looked damn smoother than ever. RPM is getting better. Too zoomed out for me, tho. I play with the dynamic cam, if I remember correctly. I see just enough of the player graphics and field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 08:19 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Re: FIFA 20 Gameplay Video - Liverpool vs. Real Madrid

Don’t dwell too much on the graphics for this video. My buddy who captured it said there were some issues with grabbing the video which was supposed to originally be 60fps but it only streamed at 30. I know that doesn’t affect graphics per se but it does hurt the rendering which can dilute the colors.

It’s always interesting hearing people’s opinions on graphics though. I’ve always preferred PES’ art style but this year’s demo is overly saturated IMO, especially with Konami downgrading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Some of the gameplay looked encouraging, but it's still too fast. I'll have to lower the speed and acceleration sliders, again. Something that jumped out to me is that Liverpool has the best looking keeper kit in the Premier League...and Alisson wasn't wearing it in the video. Green?!
#WeAreND
Old 08-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Some of the gameplay looked encouraging, but it's still too fast. I'll have to lower the speed and acceleration sliders, again. Something that jumped out to me is that Liverpool has the best looking keeper kit in the Premier League...and Alisson wasn't wearing it in the video. Green?!
I doubt the kits are all updated yet. Sometimes the kit sponsors are late at designing and updating EA on their latest kits.

i'd blame New Balance before EA and I'd blame Liverpool for still sticking it out with New Balance LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »