Home

Here’s my problem with EA and card packs

This is a discussion on Here’s my problem with EA and card packs within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Here’s my problem with EA and card packs

Like I’ve said before I don’t spend money on card packs. However that does not mean I never would. For instance right now it’s says signature series in packs now. But they never tell you what pack they might be in? Is it the elite, all pro, superstar , gridiron ????? WTF EA. Do you expect us to just buy every pack in the store? If I could spend $10.00 or $20.00 with the chance of getting one of these cards I might try it, I could then sell it for coins and buy several other players , but when I have no clue where they might be it’s aggravating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Here’s my problem with EA and card packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Like I’ve said before I don’t spend money on card packs. However that does not mean I never would. For instance right now it’s says signature series in packs now. But they never tell you what pack they might be in? Is it the elite, all pro, superstar , gridiron ????? WTF EA. Do you expect us to just buy every pack in the store? If I could spend $10.00 or $20.00 with the chance of getting one of these cards I might try it, I could then sell it for coins and buy several other players , but when I have no clue where they might be it’s aggravating.
Yeah, its pretty annoying. But that's how they get you lol it's either in select packs, or in every pack, with a very minimal chance of even getting one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2019, 06:36 AM   #3
Pro

I even hate spending coins on packs lol bought a 50k pack last night and instantly regretted it. All it did was give me an 82 overall elite. Ended up just quick selling for like 375 training >_<

Old 08-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
I even hate spending coins on packs lol bought a 50k pack last night and instantly regretted it. All it did was give me an 82 overall elite. Ended up just quick selling for like 375 training >_<

This is the first year I'm really diving deep into madden ultimate team, I use to be highly against this mode, but after really playing the grind of it, it's very fin and very intense.

I do understand what your saying, as I'm personally going the no money spent route, by playing the all of the different modes, it makes you kinda accountable for all your actions, my best advice would be yes if you wanna by a pack go for the $20 price. Tag if you want, elite, you will get something.

For me I'm grinding all the challenges and to be honest the scenarios they put you in against the computer can be tough. But the rewards are awesome, work the auction board, visit a site called muthead.com it's very intuitive on every single card there is in madden.

I'm normally a franchise player personally but I havent honestly even touched that mode, no sliders, nothing, I have been so deep in ultimate team I havent even missed it. You also learn the game and the mechanics of how madden really works, control wise. Its helped me tremendously, currently I'm at a 84 overall team, but I have so much more to grind and I love how ea is constantly pushing out more to do.

I get it everyone cant or doesn't want to do the grind, but if you want the full grind it's there.

I cant stress enough stack your coins and work the auction board, that 50k you coulda got a card you wanted flipped the replacement and had atleast some coin. For us no money spent guys its important for us to stack and watch that auction board

Last edited by StormsWarning; 08-16-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
This is the first year I'm really diving deep into madden ultimate team, I use to be highly against this mode, but after really playing the grind of it, it's very fin and very intense.

I do understand what your saying, as I'm personally going the no money spent route, by playing the all of the different modes, it makes you kinda accountable for all your actions, my best advice would be yes if you wanna by a pack go for the $20 price. Tag if you want, elite, you will get something.

For me I'm grinding all the challenges and to be honest the scenarios they put you in against the computer can be tough. But the rewards are awesome, work the auction board, visit a site called muthead.com it's very intuitive on every single card there is in madden.

I'm normally a franchise player personally but I havent honestly even touched that mode, no sliders, nothing, I have been so deep in ultimate team I havent even missed it. You also learn the game and the mechanics of how madden really works, control wise. Its helped me tremendously, currently I'm at a 84 overall team, but I have so much more to grind and I love how ea is constantly pushing out more to do.

I get it everyone cant or doesn't want to do the grind, but if you want the full grind it's there.

I cant stress enough stack your coins and work the auction board, that 50k you coulda got a card you wanted flipped the replacement and had atleast some coin. For us no money spent guys its important for us to stack and watch that auction board
Oh yeah, for sure. I instantly thought about what I could've used that 50k towards lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
Pro

I've only spent money once and it was because I had gotten a free playstation gift card.

I just waited until about after xmas. I'd rather spend money later on on a pack with better overall cards, than right now when the cards aren't that high of overalls yet

Old 08-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
Banned

There was a time they ran a lot of good deal on packs. My rule of thumb was to only spend cash on packs if the price was in the neighborhood of one dollar per elite card guaranteed. They never have good deals like that anymore.

I did spend 7K coins on a pack, but that was a one time deal, and ended up being fine. No way I'm spending 10's of thousands of coins on packs. That's my AH money.

I'd rather go after a guy that I know specifically fits the criteria I'm looking for than buy packs and hope. But that training is really hard to come by, and, so far, it seems like quickselling cards is the only way to get it. Packs are the best way to get a lot of points at once.

But I look at all of this as the strategy game I am playing, trying to maximize my use of resources, coins, trining points and trophies, to build a strong team of players whose ratings and abilities compliment each other. Spending a lot of cash ruins that part. but if you need a mid 80's OVR team right now, you need to spend money.

But the salary cap is only 775 right now. You aren't going to have a mid 80's OVR team with the cap as it is now, especially if you want X-Factors. Right now, I think I can only afford to have three guys with X-factors, and that's pushing it. I have Mahomes on offense and Chris Jones and Tyrann Mathieu on defense. I have Ty Law, but I can't even afford to upgrade to his X-factor, let alone afford the cap his of his abilities. I have X-Factors in an 85 Jerry rice and 82 Travis Kelce, but have taken them off to save cap space.

I'm wondering if Salary Cap mode is going to end up favoring not using the X-Factors and abilities. I mean, activating Rice jumped my cap hit from 771 to around 810 last night. That's a lot of positions to downgrade to afford that hit.

What I may do is just run two teams instead of just using my Salary Cap team for all challenges and Solo Battles. That way I can run with more abilities, and start upgrading positions with players that won't fit under the current salary cap. I may add a better HB, so that when the cap goes up. and I can slide my better HB in.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
Pro

I dont do salary cap, but yeah you're right. Alot harder to get training and alot easier to save up and go after the player(s) that fit your team

Me, I just like the gambling aspect of it sometimes.

I've hit on just enough high overall cards to want to take that chance every now and then

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »