Home

Atmosphere, EA.

This is a discussion on Atmosphere, EA. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Atmosphere, EA.

I'm playing in the AFC championship right now as the Raiders against the Chargers. That's a rivalry, right? The crowd should be too loud to scream over. They're not. It sounds like any other game. It's not intimidating or loud and it doesn't sound like a game you would see on TV or in the stands. It's not awful, but it could be much better.

If someone from EA would please go to YouTube and look up the 2000 AFC championship game, Pittsburgh against New England (Brady's first Championship game) and listen to the Pittsburgh crowd the entire game, especially when they begin their comeback.

Example: They got nuts for everything good the Steelers do. They cheer every good play. In this Madden game, I just completed a pass on 2nd and 10 for 1 yard. The WR got tattooed and the crowd was like, "Meh. We'll only gradually louder before the next snap." They did, I got a first down and the sound barely changed.

Please watch the video and implement that type of noise into future Maddens. Please. Thank you.

Last edited by BTG; 08-21-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Atmosphere, EA.

Agreed.
Not sure why they haven't brought over the NCAA atmosphere into Madden after all these years. Best part was it wasn't stagnant, if recall correctly. . The top loudest stadiums changed.

Also, Idk why, but this reminded me of the create a fan feature back in the day. Sad feels.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

I remember them touting how "Living Worlds" would make each stadium unique when the Xbox One & PS4 were releasing...I believe they referenced Seattle & Kansas City for the loudness...it never came to be though.

I'd like to say that PS5 & Xbox Scarlett will be the ticket for true living worlds, but my gut tells me the new power will go towards graphical upgrades again, rather than some of this other stuff. The closer we get to photo-realism, the more the casuals drool...and if I'm being honest, I ocassionally do some drooling myself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

We cant even get the Lambeau Leap in the game. Also cant get Go Pack Go to play during online games for the past 10 years. EA is bad at immersion.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-21-2019, 06:07 PM   #5
MVP

Bro they can't even figure out how to have referees on the field in a 2019 triple A football game smh. So I have zero faith they'll get atmosphere or living worlds right...I mean we're still dealing with generic sidelines going into 2020... I wonder what their excuse will be when Next Gen hits next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

It should be automatically tuned but one way to deal with it is turn down certain audio sliders and turn up crowd to 100. That way the crowd will drown out anything else.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

I would rather all the resources put into commentary, cutscenes and replays be put right into the gameday atmosphere.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #8
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

They are too busy focusing on MuT lol.

But yeah I agree I wish this was a feature, I also wish they had camera shaking when playing away games, like on the old college games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »