Home

Who else is ready for the...

This is a discussion on Who else is ready for the... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Who else is ready for the...

“ZOMFG!!! Best SHARPSHOOTER BUILD IN 2k20””

“BEST STETCH BUILD FOR 2k20”

All this youtube crap ruins this game and the people that actually follow this are just as dumb as these youtubers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 03:10 AM   #2
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Re: Who else is ready for the...

Haha why be ready, it already started. Literally every 2k youtube video is already labelled "I found a DEMIGOD", "BEST XXX BUILD FOR 2k20", "OP BUILD, UNSTOPPABLE"...

Some of these build videos dont even show gameplay, the just make a build and claim its the best, its unbelievable...
Old 08-27-2019, 06:28 AM   #3
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

The Fortnite of basketball. They need their own game...
Old 08-27-2019, 06:43 AM   #4
Pro

Its just for the YouTube algorithm that these people use names like that for their vids

Nobody types into the search at YouTube: decent Sharp, fairly good stretch etc...
Old 08-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I'll never understand the mind of a "Gotta win at all costs" player. I like to win too, don't get me wrong, but I don't go out of my way to find the best "meta" of a particular game. I just use/create whatever, and I do good for myself. Like in COD, I tend to always end up using the "least popular" or "most garbage" guns of the game, and I still be bossing. It's like my ego refuses to use the best whatever in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Pro

I was trying to find some good gameplay to see how the dribbling has improved this year and its a ****ing mess, Youtube is basically entirely this nonsense.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #7
MVP

Aside from a small handful of guys that I find funny, down to earth, or legitimately informative,I have been done with 2K Youtube Influencers for a while now.

The great majority of it is, as other posters have mentioned, guys just finding and exploiting whatever the current meta is, combined with a bunch of editing (and in some cases, intentional overacting)to make them look good and/or entertaining. Then you wonder why the Twitter brigade increasingly wants the game to be "Press X for a highlight play".
Old 08-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'll never understand the mind of a "Gotta win at all costs" player. I like to win too, don't get me wrong, but I don't go out of my way to find the best "meta" of a particular game. I just use/create whatever, and I do good for myself. Like in COD, I tend to always end up using the "least popular" or "most garbage" guns of the game, and I still be bossing. It's like my ego refuses to use the best whatever in a game.
In Dungeons & Dragons that is called Min/Maxing; basically building your character in such a way as to intentionally stretch/break the rules as much as possible, regardless of how unrealistic whatever combination the player is putting forward is.

In both 2K and D&D it usually has the same results....shallow generic players that are awful team mates lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »