Home

Had it with Vlad!!!

This is a discussion on Had it with Vlad!!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Had it with Vlad!!!

I loved Guerrero when he was playing. When I saw his card was available I made sure I had enough stubs to buy it. But after 50+, games with him, he's an albatross. Granted, he's hitting over .300. but with only 9 XBH, none of which are homers, and 6 RBI it's time to get rid of him.

It's a sad day when Vlad the Impaler doesn't cut the muster to be in my lineup. I don't know if it's me (I doubt it considering I've raked with most of my lineup) but all he does is hit looping shots to the OF, or hit the ball into the ground for easy outs. I spent about 28k on him, and won't see that back as his card now sells for around 25000 (and take 10% out of that to end up with roughly 23k.

I can't imagine how or why he's not the monster at the plate he once was. Even his defense is suspect. His arm is a cannon as it should be, but his ability to get to fly balls is severely limited.

For a player rated 94, I expected much better results. Maybe they should have had his card from his time with the Expos, because his Angels card is garbage. Makes me think of how much I loved Javier Vazquez, and when he came to the Yankees he couldn't do squat. Hell of a player... But when my guys in the dugout are better at the plate and in the field, it's time to go.

I've tried to sell him several times, and each time I take him off the marketplace hoping he will turn it around. But he remains, sadly, and easy out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Had it with Vlad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I loved Guerrero when he was playing. When I saw his card was available I made sure I had enough stubs to buy it. But after 50+, games with him, he's an albatross. Granted, he's hitting over .300. but with only 9 XBH, none of which are homers, and 6 RBI it's time to get rid of him.

It's a sad day when Vlad the Impaler doesn't cut the muster to be in my lineup. I don't know if it's me (I doubt it considering I've raked with most of my lineup) but all he does is hit looping shots to the OF, or hit the ball into the ground for easy outs. I spent about 28k on him, and won't see that back as his card now sells for around 25000 (and take 10% out of that to end up with roughly 23k.

I can't imagine how or why he's not the monster at the plate he once was. Even his defense is suspect. His arm is a cannon as it should be, but his ability to get to fly balls is severely limited.

For a player rated 94, I expected much better results. Maybe they should have had his card from his time with the Expos, because his Angels card is garbage. Makes me think of how much I loved Javier Vazquez, and when he came to the Yankees he couldn't do squat. Hell of a player... But when my guys in the dugout are better at the plate and in the field, it's time to go.

I've tried to sell him several times, and each time I take him off the marketplace hoping he will turn it around. But he remains, sadly, and easy out.
Sadly this is the case with a handful of cards in this game. 1) I think some of it has to do with us the player. Sometimes we just don’t play well with certain players. 2) I think it’s a flaw in certain players makeup. 3) I think ratings are screwed up in this game. Guys like SS Frank Thomas hot nothing but grounders and pitchers are depositing HRs

I, along with many others have issues with SS Frank Thomas, Willie Mays, and Vladimir.

Last edited by jake19ny; 08-30-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

He'll get a SS eventually. It's possible his swing just doesn't jive with you. Idk what it is with players having different swings mechanically when all we do is hit a button but I think it just has to do with our general timing. And I think each player has a unique timing window so if you are in between on those two things I think you can end up getting less than desirable results.

You could always sell him now and save that toward the SS version. Maybe it has better stats or a different swing that will play better.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Pro

If the Nationals signature roster is an indication, a 95 overall Expos card is coming.

I think playing with favorites is harder sometimes. You want and expect to do well with them so you just don’t think when you play.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

papadell's Arena

Yeah all those random cards that don't exist yet. What's up with that ****

Like at this point do we get a comparable Vlad to the one that exists before the SS?

I think they just did these so all the players cards were "officially" for those teams. Which is just another half baked move tbh

I love Dansby but they couldn't pump out a Braves' Andrelton for us to use? Unless they're REALLY going to cater to these new moments it seems like yet another wasted opportunity for real content
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Sadly this is the case with a handful of cards in this game. 1) I think some of it has to do with us the player. Sometimes we just don’t play well with certain players. 2) I think it’s a flaw in certain players makeup. 3) I think ratings are screwed up in this game. Guys like SS Frank Thomas hot nothing but grounders and pitchers are depositing HRs

I, along with many others have issues with SS Frank Thomas, Willie Mays, and Vladimir.
I'm able to rake with SS Big Hurt. Vlad just murdered me. And now that I've sold him, a little bit of me wants him back. Would love to see a SS Javier Vazquez.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny

The SS Frank Thomas card is one of my favorites. He rakes for me... I liked the big hurt when he was playing... Loved watching Vlad play... Always wished the Yankees would get him but they never did. I was so amped to get Vlad I broke my cardinal rule, and I spent over 30k for him. When I unloaded it I got around 28k... A loss, but not that bad...

I bought Garrett Anderson, and so far he's been a pimp. I've been platooning him with Dante Bichette in left, leaving Gwynn or Yelich in center and the other in right. For a cheapish bat you could start, or have on the bench, Anderson is a solid choice. Bichette too... I think I got Anderson for about 9k, and 11k for Bichette (whose offensive numbers are insanely good for a player in that price range)

But Vlad broke my heart. In 5 games playing with Ozzie Smith at short I've got more RBI than I had with Vlad in 40 something games. He'd hit in on the screws to an OF, or mash it into the ground like potatoes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »