Home

Adding some life to universe mode

This is a discussion on Adding some life to universe mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Adding some life to universe mode

WWE2K unfortunately doesn't do much outside of a match to recreate what we see on tv. To me it's mostly matches that have little meaning and not much matters if you win or lose.
The confrontations, backstage rumors, attacks and shocking appearances to me are half of what makes WWE sports entertainment.
Without a story line creator I tried to come up with some ideas to bring some life to universe.

I have not gone through a long universe but in my testing I believe this should work well. It's more work outside of the game of course so it may not be for everyone.

This year I'm actually going to play 2K19 until around February and then decide about buying '20. At that time most good caw's are out, most patches are out and the dlc as well. Unlike sports games where it would feel weird getting Madden in February I feel getting WWE2K later will work for me.

I use the cpu generated matches but you could completely change every match if you like.
I set up nearly every wrestler to have no allies/rivals or to ones I want since they are often old ones by the time the game ships and set up the belt rankings inside universe (not the power rankings)

The basics behind it is, using a random number generator and a list of events, we get something to happen that will affect a match, show and even a title.

A system to move wrestlers up the rankings to get a title opportunity.
By controlling certain wrestlers we can move through universe quicker and have an impact similar to my career. We avoid the situation where we control someone only to face them the next week leaving us feeling like the previous match meant nothing.

I would like to do something with the match star rating of my controlled wrestler having an impact, maybe moving up quicker for a 4*+ match but not sure yet.

If anyone has some ideas/events to add that would be great.

I'm just going to link to a copy of my google spreadsheet I use to keep things organized.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »