Home

What is the perfect amount of minutes for played stats to match with simmed?

This is a discussion on What is the perfect amount of minutes for played stats to match with simmed? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

OVR: 0
What is the perfect amount of minutes for played stats to match with simmed?

Has anybody found the perfect amount of minutes/accelerated clock that gives realistic stats compared to the simmed stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What is the perfect amount of minutes for played stats to match with simmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar4bAce
Has anybody found the perfect amount of minutes/accelerated clock that gives realistic stats compared to the simmed stats?
I have been testing this for quite some time and if you based on sim stats only it will be very difficult to copy any other setting since this will very on how you play the game, how much do you run, and pass etc. What you should be looking is to match combined plays instead of focusing on stats only.

For number of plays, on past madden the sweet spot was 120 combined, as in real life, but for some reason this year madden sim engine sim less plays. It range from 100-118 being 108 avg.

Currently i'm using 15 min 10 acc clock but my games are more on the higher side 115 plays instead of 108. I can't go lower than 10 since its the minimum. Otherwise i may have to set 14 min quarters instead.

If you do too much audibles, ( i don't as house rule) you should go with maybe 10 with 20 acc clock or 8 and 25 acc clock or so but these i didn't test it.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: What is the perfect amount of minutes for played stats to match with simmed?

14 minutes, accelerated clock to 16 seconds. Added bonus is that real life teams, on average, get set at 16 seconds.(source: actually tracked it myself on GamePass).

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:25 AM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
14 minutes, accelerated clock to 16 seconds. Added bonus is that real life teams, on average, get set at 16 seconds.(source: actually tracked it myself on GamePass).
How many plays do you get with 14 16acc? I still believe the acc clock is something that each user has to tweak to his best match since many variables depends on this. For example, as a house rule i'm not allowed to audible at all. SO i will be snapping the ball with 15 o 13 sec on the clock. (side note:Most teams IRL do it below 10 ) and this will lead to more plays to someone who may do audibles on each play and snap the ball with 8 or less secs
Old 09-10-2019, 01:27 AM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar4bAce

Im very OCD about playing the same minutes in sports game, as IRL, Ive been getting realistic stats, and number of total offensive plays with a 13 second runoff, on 15 minute qtrs. I was at 15 seconds, and it work ok and it allowed me a little more time, to call a audible, along with when needing to change protection for O-line. Ive also used 12 as well, but if you need to call a audible and/or change protection, or if its a play with motion in it, 12 can be a little tight on getting the play off. IMO between 13 and 15 sec runoff is the sweet spot to get realistic stats at 15 minute qtrs.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 03:23 AM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
How many plays do you get with 14 16acc? I still believe the acc clock is something that each user has to tweak to his best match since many variables depends on this. For example, as a house rule i'm not allowed to audible at all. SO i will be snapping the ball with 15 o 13 sec on the clock. (side note:Most teams IRL do it below 10 ) and this will lead to more plays to someone who may do audibles on each play and snap the ball with 8 or less secs
Between 130-150 snaps. It trends high, given that I'm on the slow side as far as getting the snap off, but 13 minute QTRs trends equally low for me. If you don't do any preplay adjusting, then you'll probably wanna drop it to 12 or so.

I do everything presnap. Let the defense settle, see what they're doing, identify the mike (the CPU is wrong often enough it needs checking on every play), make protection adjustments where I see fit, and audible when the defense shows blitz or shows an advantageous coverage where I have a match up. I'm pretty slow because I also play in a 32 man league and I'm pretty bad on the sticks, so I need every advantage I can get.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #7
Rookie

St. Francisco's Arena

OVR: 2

I've been testing this myself. I referenced Pro Football reference to find total number of offensive snaps per team in the NFL in 2017. The average was 75 offensive snaps per team. Jacksonville topped the charts at 85 snaps per game, and Chicago was last with 70 snaps per game. But if I look at simmed games in Madden, the average seems to be about 50-55 offense snaps per game (this is just based on me tallying QB completions and rushing attempts). So I think I'm going to aim to be in that 55 plays per game range to stay in line with the rest of the in-game NFL. If I aim for realistic, I'll blow everyone else out in stats.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Francisco
I've been testing this myself. I referenced Pro Football reference to find total number of offensive snaps per team in the NFL in 2017. The average was 75 offensive snaps per team. Jacksonville topped the charts at 85 snaps per game, and Chicago was last with 70 snaps per game. But if I look at simmed games in Madden, the average seems to be about 50-55 offense snaps per game (this is just based on me tallying QB completions and rushing attempts). So I think I'm going to aim to be in that 55 plays per game range to stay in line with the rest of the in-game NFL. If I aim for realistic, I'll blow everyone else out in stats.
To get an accurate offensive playcount, count pass attempts, sacks, and rush attempts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »