Home

Training Players

This is a discussion on Training Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Training Players

DO we still pick 3 focus players this year to focus on when training each week?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Training Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
DO we still pick 3 focus players this year to focus on when training each week?

thanks
Yep

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
Yep

Only difference this year is that dev trait has no influence on focus players. They get +300 no matter what their dev is so you're getting 5,100 from that per season (without playoffs), which amounts to about 1 overall if they're young and hardly anything if they're not young.

The real XP comes from the drills and game performance this year.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Only difference this year is that dev trait has no influence on focus players. They get +300 no matter what their dev is so you're getting 5,100 from that per season (without playoffs), which amounts to about 1 overall if they're young and hardly anything if they're not young.

LOL this is good to know. By happenstance everyone I wanted to use this on was SS or X-factor dev and I had no idea.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:

Wow. I didnt know that

So who would be the best players to use training on then?

Whoever we wanted, really?

Regardless of trait?

So when do the traits play a factor in star players getting more exp than normal? And superstar more than star? Etc

Last edited by Zack317; 09-10-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Wow. I didnt know that

So who would be the best players to use training on then?

Whoever we wanted, really?

Regardless of trait?

Yeah man. Trait doesn't matter so I try to go with young guys that I'm hoping will develop. Sometimes I'll do guys like my backup CB or RB that won't get much game time or game XP, and other times I'll do guys that are young that I need to depend on ASAP so I'll use it as a boost for guys that are already getting game XP and drill XP so they make an impact quicker.

My strategy with drill training is to train OL and WR on Offense and DL and DB on defense.

Offensively, I never re-sign OL for cap purposes so I'm always developing those guys and I am always developing a couple young WR cuz you can only keep 1-2 good ones long term.

Defensively, I try to develop LBs through game XP and focus training and then the DL and and DB with the drills. I'm always cycling DL and my 3rd and 4th corners because of cap purposes and it's easy to develop them when they're getting 700-1,000 XP/week from team drills. It's also easy to develop young backup safeties and DL that you can trade for mid/late round picks that help you when building a team and trying to stay under the cap.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Yeah man. Trait doesn't matter so I try to go with young guys that I'm hoping will develop. Sometimes I'll do guys like my backup CB or RB that won't get much game time or game XP, and other times I'll do guys that are young that I need to depend on ASAP so I'll use it as a boost for guys that are already getting game XP and drill XP so they make an impact quicker.

My strategy with drill training is to train OL and WR on Offense and DL and DB on defense.

Offensively, I never re-sign OL for cap purposes so I'm always developing those guys and I am always developing a couple young WR cuz you can only keep 1-2 good ones long term.

Defensively, I try to develop LBs through game XP and focus training and then the DL and and DB with the drills. I'm always cycling DL and my 3rd and 4th corners because of cap purposes and it's easy to develop them when they're getting 700-1,000 XP/week from team drills. It's also easy to develop young backup safeties and DL that you can trade for mid/late round picks that help you when building a team and trying to stay under the cap.
Ok cool.

So where do the traits come into play? The weekly drills? Not in the 3 focus slots?

Old 09-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Ok cool.

So where do the traits come into play? The weekly drills? Not in the 3 focus slots?

I'm not sure if the traits come into play there or not... They may. I know that you get the coach bonus for positions you've unlocked that for in the team drills and that gets you an extra 100+ XP. Those drills are Depth Chart related as well from what I'm seen, so your starters will earn more than your backups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »