Home

D43 Player Movement Sliders

This is a discussion on D43 Player Movement Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
D43 Player Movement Sliders - With Extras

D43 Player Movement Sliders (UPDATED 09-20-2019)

Example:

Human vs human gameplay, with HOF as the base and my adjustments below.

Hi all,

The goal of these sliders is to improve player movement in NBA 2K20, including making speed/acceleration a bit more steady, as well as curving the amount of speed breaks that happen in the game, etc. In turn, the game should feel more reactive on the sticks, be more fun to play, and curve some of the "sluggish" feel. These are also supposed to improve the "sucking in" to other players that happens so frequently.

Basically these sliders were made to improve pace, flow and feel.

I've been messing with them for quite awhile.

*All Adjustments are for CPU and User.

Game Speed:*54

Player Movement slider split: Default is 70/40 Change to 75/50
Acceleration: 65
Lateral Quickness: 55
Body up sensitivity: 40

Extras

Off Rebounding: 30
Def Rebounding: 70
Fatigue Rate: 42

I start with HOF as the base and make those tweaks, but you can start with whichever difficulty level you want as a base.

Does any of this completely fix the movement issues? No. No slider set could. Does it make the game feel more reactive on the sticks, more responsive overall and the game more fun? For me and brother, yes.

[/color]Some examples of what I am trying to curve and fix with these sliders:

The sliders are to help with flow, pace, feel and even with authenticity. They are designed to bring NBA ACTION to your game, and eliminate some of the sluggish feel and other movement issues.

Hope this helps your experience.

NOTE: I am on PC, and uploaded the sliders. However, if someone wants to upload these for everybody on console, and give credit in the title, go for it. These are to help your experience with the game.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-20-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: D43 Player Movement Sliders

Good stuff on the movement sliders...I highly recommend them..
Old 09-16-2019, 12:01 AM   #3
Pro

I have a new set that I will be posting with the update, and a gameplay video goes along with it.

Probably tomorrow. Actually made several more tweaks.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #4
Pro

Updated the first post with full slider list for CPU and User, and example gameplay video, and other info.

Note: off reb, def reb, pass speed, ball handling etc all have adjustments as well

These are no longer just player movement sliders

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-16-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Nice video and work you did !!!!

from the video you posted? do you still have the stats of the game? can you post them please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
Nice video and work you did !!!!

from the video you posted? do you still have the stats of the game? can you post them please?
Thank you!

I dont unfortunately. That was also human vs human gameplay, so the HUM vs CPU and CPU vs CPU would be a bit different

I believe the stats were close to the following:

FG%
MIN: 47%
MIA: 45%

3P%
MIN: 34%
MIA: 28%

OFF Rebs:
MIN: 11
MIA: 13

But that's basically all I remember, and they could be off a little. We both use user timing for shooting with the meter off.

Cassell, Sprewell and Garnett all had signature shots that were edited by myself and brother, which are more accurate than default.

The biggest thing with the sliders, is that the game should feel better for YOU the user. Try them out with your hands on the sticks, if the game feels and flows better, and you find yourself having more fun with the game, that's the goal.

The drives you see with Wade in the video look completely clean, with no speed breaking, and hes exploding on the first step. The fastbreaks flow well, and players moving off the ball seem to move with more fluidity and better.

I've messed with the sliders A LOT. So hopefully these adjustments help some people.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #7
Pro

I want to make a point as well

These are not "sim" or "arcade", and dont have a label like that. Here is why

1. YOU control your outcome. Shoot poorly causing long rebounds and easy points for the CPU? The CPU will shoot a high FG%

2. Dont cover the three properly? Dont close out fast enough?the CPU will shoot a high 3P%

3. Jump for blocks constantly instead of playing smart straight up defense? The CPU will take a lot of free throws

4. Make poor decisions resulting in turnovers? Your turnovers will be high, and the CPU will probably shoot higher as a result

5. Dont box out or time your rebounds correctly? The CPU will have high rebounds

6. Dribble out of control and dont react to double teams appropriately? The CPU will have high steals

7. Plow through the lane without a purpose constantly? CPU will have high blocks

8. Poor shot selection? Your FG% will be low

Etc, etc, etc

This whole "post the stats!"and "I achieve realistic stats with this set" doesnt make sense here. Every user plays different, YOU control the action on the court with the way you play. All the examples above can go in vice versa. These sliders are all about feel, flow, fun, and authenticity. However, the only time you should be worried about sim box scores is when you are watching CPU vs CPU.

Yes, adjustments like I made can help with balancing things out a bit and make the game feel and flow better, but ultimately you make your own destiny in a basketball game. Someone could play a game with these sliders and shoot 52%FG and hold the CPU to 44%, while the next person doesnt play well and shoots 38%FG and the CPU shoots 55%.

The only way stats end up the same for every user. Or even similar, is if people played EXACTLY THE SAME and were all the SAME SKILL LEVEL. Which is not true and never the case. Take ownership if you are getting your butt kicked and make adjustments, stop stat watching and play the game.

A rant worth making. There should be no "These sliders will give you great stats!" Here, or "Man, the CPU is shooting high from the field, can you fix it?. No, you fix it and enjoy the competition. Close out better, play interior defense better, play smarter. You can also adjust the base level, and make it pro etc. I used HOF as the base.

Let me know if you have any questions on the sliders. Enjoy and make the best of the game. That is what I am doing.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-16-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
The only way stats end up the same for every user. Or even similar, is if people played EXACTLY THE SAME and were all the SAME SKILL LEVEL. Which is not true and never the case. Take ownership if you are getting your butt kicked and make adjustments, stop stat watching and play the game.

A rant worth making. There should be no "These sliders will give you great stats!" Here, or "Man, the CPU is shooting high from the field, can you fix it?. No, you fix it and enjoy the competition. Close out better, play interior defense better, play smarter. You can also adjust the base level, and make it pro etc. I used HOF as the base.

Let me know if you have any questions on the sliders. Enjoy and make the best of the game. That is what I am doing.
Great point. The idea with slider sets is to present themes or ideas that every player can take, load, and then tweak for their style of play. No one plays the same so your results will be a little different from anyone else using the same sliders.

I love looking at threads like this to see ideas that address issues with gameplay I am trying to solve. Some slider suggestions make sense for how I play and some don't. That doesn't mean the sliders are good or bad...just may not be a great fit for how I play or the problem I am trying to solve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »