Home

Any 6'11 Centers here?

This is a discussion on Any 6'11 Centers here? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2019, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any 6'11 Centers here?

This build will be for Rec and Pro Am

I'm thinking about going a lower height just for more shooting ability. I'd also get a boost to driving dunk and layup. Thoughts? Is it worth it going against 7'3 bigs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Any 6'11 Centers here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
This build will be for Rec and Pro Am

I'm thinking about going a lower height just for more shooting ability. I'd also get a boost to driving dunk and layup. Thoughts? Is it worth it going against 7'3 bigs?
I made a 6’10 Center and regretted it. The speed difference is almost non existent in practice. I don’t think the extra stats are going to make up for weaker animations when trying to score against giants. The speed should have been the great leveler but without it, I don’t think there’s enough advantages to going smaller.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Unless 2K reverts the speed differential slider back to how it was when the game first came out (and they absolutely should), 7'3" max everything centers are going to be the best build at that position.

I watched a 67 overall max everything center put up 30 points and 20 rebounds against a 90 overall 6'11" center last night in Pro Am.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:33 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

my real 2 years old hot take:

it depends on what you wanna do. I don't imagine the big man game has changed much since 18 (in terms of height OP, but if it has, disregard.) I really enjoyed my 6'11 shot creating post scorer. Tho I did miss having silver poster (which I got later on a defending/post.) It really depends on how you wanna score. If you can score away from the basket then probably. I'm not really a stretch type player, but that dude could hit 3s a little. I'd never make a shooting big in 2k.

Mainly, I didn't feel like anything was really off except rebounding, which is obviously super important. If you can still win and feel comfortable enough to give up a bunch of offensive rebounds (hopefully while being in position to stop them from going right back up, and your team can stop the kick out 3), you can do OK. But that is the biggest limitation. I never had a big problem getting blocks, steals, scoring etc. It's definitely 'easier' to just lay up when you are 7'3, but certain builds... like shot creating post scorer, I think, might be better as 6'11. Now, is it fit for competitive play where the big meta IS rebounder, do you wanna play with dudes who aren't gonna rage if you get killed on the boards despite being a better rebounder than the opponent... probably not. And did I low key enjoy it when they slotted me at PF? Sure, haha. I'd even play SF and do work.

6'11 isn't so small that you can't do anything. I made a 6'8 or 6'7 pf as a joke in 2k. THAT was garbage. But it's definitely a huge disadvantage. You'd think if you can spray from mid/high post tho that you might be able to get in those 7'3 dudes heads a bit.

-Smak
Old 09-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #5
Just started!

It depends on the game mode. In Rec, 3vs3 or park, I think there is currently a lot of advantage for the 7'3 ".
In proam 5vs5, if it is a defensive or rim-sharp build, the 6'11 "can defend a 7'3 well, Lateral Quickness if it makes a big difference. Here it can be an advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 04:39 AM   #6
Rookie

I have a 7'0 Center and I'm dominating every gamemode i play.
I have a 85% winpercentage in rec, 88% in park.
Averaging 14pts/27reb/6,5ast/4blks in rec and 8pts/9reb/4ast/1blk in park.

So no need to go 7'3.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

So, the jury is still out on my 6-11 Center. I just hit 84 overall so I'm just now starting to get in the range where I'm actually becoming effective. With all of the 92+ OVR Glass-Cleaning Lockdowns out there things weren't looking too good early on. I focused on shooting and playmaking. The playmaking gave me effective post moves and the ability to kick it out of the post if I got double-teamed (which a lot of people do when they see a big man start dribbling). The shooting gave me a good fadeaway rating (which I figured I'd need if I made a smaller Center) and also the ability to hit mid-range shots if my defender wanted to just camp in the lane and protect the rim whenever one of my teammates drove in.

Like I said, I'm just now getting to where I'm effective. The Catch and Shoot badge was a God send. I just wasn't hitting the open mid-range consistently enough until I got that up to Silver. Now I'm hitting that shot at a pretty good clip and opening up driving lanes for my teammates.

The big problem I'm facing is rebounding. I've always been pretty good at getting position and blocking out in past games, so I figured I could sacrifice some stats in that area and go with playmaking. But I struggled mightily with the 7-3 Glass Cleaners. Even when I'd have good position they still manage to grab the board over me. Getting the Boxout badge has helped, and I still have a couple more upgrades available that I will put on things to help me rebound, but I would probably recommend to others that they make Def/Reb one of their big wedges when creating a sub-7 ft Center. You're going to want every stat boost and badge upgrade you can get to help you with rebounding.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #8
MVP

I have a 94 OVR 6'11" paint beast. He dominates in the park but 5 v 5 hes not as good

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »