Home

A Commonwealth Coach (NCAA 11)

This is a discussion on A Commonwealth Coach (NCAA 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2
A Commonwealth Coach (NCAA 11)

A Commonwealth Coach

A Journey in the Coaching Career of Kentucky Native Samuel King

I have completed a multitude of dynasties, but never took the time and effort to track one on OS. But I have faith this will be the one. I will begin my career as the Head Coach of Western Kentucky University, with a young and desiring coach whose only goal is to lead the University of Kentucky Wildcats to become a national powerhouse, but he has to start somewhere.

Beginning Sliders are Guru's NCAA 11 Heisman Sliders from the forums on Gaming Tailgate. I love this game, (and NCAA 14 is currently $80 and I have a baby on the way... so do the math). I am attempting to do HTML as much as I can, and graphics and artwork may improve and look different along the way, so bare with me.

Here goes nothing.
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

king8838's Arena

Re: A Commonwealth Coach (NCAA 11)

***Reserved***
Table of Contents/Season Recaps/Bowl + CC Results
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Old 09-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
Rookie

king8838's Arena

***Reserved***
All-Americans/Awards
Old 09-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

king8838's Arena

***Reserved***
Dynasty Hall of Fame
Old 09-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

king8838's Arena

All Hail The King
June 13th, 2010
WKU hires local Kentuckian Samuel King as new head football coach.

BOWLING GREEN---A position that has been highly sought in the last few months in the NCAA world is now filled. The thirty year old Georgetown, KY native is now leading the helm for the Hilltoppers coming into the 2010 season. “I am overwhelmed...it feels like a dream,” King told a reporter at the preseason press conference on monday, “I have always day-dreamed of the day I would coach a division one football school, and now I am lucky enough to do it in my home state.”

King was born and raised in Central Kentucky, attending and graduating from Georgetown College in 1999, a prominent NAIA Football program in the state. He immediately became a graduate assistant under Head Coach Bill Cronin, winning back-to-back titles in 2000 & 2001, before moving up quickly to Offensive Coordinator for the last eight seasons. He has been highly sought after for his ridiculously high football IQ, and knowledge of football history. WKU Athletic Director Todd Stewart told the press while having his arm around Coach King, “I can not believe we landed a guy like this, an NFL caliber coach in our little ol’ Kentucky town.” The joke nodding to the press release that came out in the Lexington Herald-Leader in May that King was being contacted by the Miami Dolphins to be the new Offensive Line coach this year. Miami ended up going with John Thompson, former Texas Tech coach, but the discussion drew huge media attention in the area.

What will come next for the Hilltoppers remains unknown, but fans and alumni nationwide are optimistic. “It may take time, but I will build this program, and I will make sure nothing stops me from reaching the goals we have set as a staff.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #6
Rookie

king8838's Arena

2010 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Season Preview
Kawaun-2010 Pre
Quarterback Kawaun Jakes

Strong in the Backfield---Sophomore QB Kawaun Jakes has what it takes to lead this team to major success before his career is up. His speed is out of this world, though he may lack some throwing accuracy he can make defenses miss on his feet. Junior RB Bobby Rainey is going to light up the MAC in rushing this season. His incredible speed and agility in a stocky 5’7”, 203 build will leave defensive backs in the dust, but the first issue lies in his ability to make power runs through the D-Line. Senior WR Quin Cooper will be Jakes’ 1st, (and only), throwing option. His ability to catch the ball may be sub-par, but his speed and elusiveness once he gets a hold of the football will bode him well this year.

Conway-2010 Pre
Center Sean Conway

Read Between the Lines---Sophomore TE Jack Doyle is the pristine all-around tight end. His blocking is good enough to make a difference, but his catching ability will be what wins games this year. The offensive line is dominated with seniors, but starting Redshirt Freshman center Sean Conway will be an anchor for this run game this year, and for many years to come. (Expect some All-American nominations coming this guy’s way). The one and only standout in a vast array of mediocre defensive lineman is Senior nose tackle Nick Hartnett. His success will be the deciding factor in whether the opponent is going to put up 10 or 100.

Beard Left, Santoro right-2010 Pre
Safeties Ryan Beard (Left) and Mark Santoro (Right)

Barely Secondary---The All-Senior starting linebacking core will be headed by Chris Bullard, a fast moving ROLB ready to prove himself to Coach King. With no standout Cornerback this year, the Hilltopper secondary will be hurting unless they see some major improvement very rapidly during the season. Juniors Mark Santoro and Ryan Beard will be heading the safety core downfield, and will have to work overtime to make up for the disastrous situation at corner.

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Depth Chart - 2010
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRWenquel Graves, RS SR (67)John Garrett, JR (65)Jamarielle Brown, RS FR (53)Anthony Sheppard, FR (46)
TEJack Doyle, RS SO (65)Tristan Jones, RS JR (58)Ed Hazelett, RS FR (49)
LTWes Jefferies, RS JR (67)Cameron Clemmons, FR (54)Paul Millay, RS JR (41)
LGDerrick Elder, RS SR (67)Luke Stansfield, RS SO (57)
CSean Conway, RS FR (70)William Berner, FR (49)
RGMichael Peterson, RS SR (66)Adam Smith, RS SO (59)
RTPreston King, RS SR (68)Jacob McLaurin, RS SR (54)Seth White, RS FR (43)
WRQuin Cooper, SR (71)Derrius Brooks, RS JR (67)Antoinne Lightfoot, JR (59)Rico Brown, FR (46)
QBKawaun Jakes, RS SO (64)Tyler Bruce, RS JR (56)Marcus Vasquez, RS SO (50)Brandon Doughty, FR (47)
FBRod Johnson, SR (58)Nick Baisch, RS FR (49)
HBBobby Rainey, RS JR (74)William Simmons RS SO (69)Keshawn Simpson (67)Avery Hibbitt RS JR (58)
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDERammell Lewis, RS SO (61)Kenny Martin, RS SO (52)
LDTNick Hartnett, RS SR (69)Brandon Whitty, RS SO (56)James Hervey, RS FR (49)
RDTJarmarcus Allen, RS SO (60)Korentheus Bailey, RS SO (49)
RDEJared Clendenin, RS JR (63)Johnathan Scott, RS SO (59)Bo Adebayo, JR (52)
WLBMike Gothard, RS SR (60)Marquise Burns, RS SR (49)Baree Boyd, FR (47)
MLBThomas Majors, RS SR (65)Darius Baughman, RS SR (62)Cole Tischer, RS FR (51)Andrew Jackson, FR (49)
SLBChris Bullard, SR (66)Josh Carter, RS FR (52)Tye Golden, SO (50)
CBTrent Calhoun, JR (57)Dexter Taylor, RS SR (46)Xavius Boyd, FR (40)
SSMark Santoro, RS JR (63)Clint Mitchell, RS SR (53)Jerome Speights, FR (51)Kareem Peterson, RS SO (46)
FSRyan Beard, RS JR (67)Cam Thomas, FR (59)Orlando Misaalefua, RS SR (55)
CBErik Jones, RS SR (52)Denton Allmon, RS FR (43)
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KMonte Merrick, RS FR (73)
PCasey Tinius, RS JR (71)

2010 WKU Hilltoppers Schedule
Week 1- @ USC
Week 2- @ Ohio *MAC Conference Opener*
Week 3- @ Western Michigan
Week 4- *BYE*
Week 5- @ Oklahoma
Week 6- @ Louisville
Week 7- vs. Kent State *Home Opener*
Week 8- vs. Ball State
Week 9- @ Eastern Michigan
Week 10- *BYE*
Week 11- @ Northern Illinois
Week 12- vs. Bowling Green State
Week 13- vs. Central Michigan
Week 14- vs. Idaho *Senior Night*
Week 15- Conference Championship Week

*Conference Game

The Future is Bleak---The scheduling crew in Bowling Green, KY will be in need of new jobs after this season. The Hilltoppers begin the season with six straight away games, two of which against Power-5 teams in USC and Oklahoma. Ohio is a tough matchup for a MAC season-opener, as the Bobcats are projected to win the MAC East in 2010. Fortunately, five of the last seven games for WKU will be at home, which will help tremendously. Facing Idaho at home in week fourteen will definitely be the easiest game of the season, as it will be mandatory for Coach King to win that game, and take some conference games as well.
Projection: 3-9 (2-6)

Around the NCAA

Preseason Top 25
Spoiler

Preseason Heisman Watch
Spoiler

Conference Predictions
Spoiler
Old 09-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
Rookie

JasonForTheWin's Arena

OVR: 0

I played a career with Western Kentucky years ago. You are going to have fun with Rainey and Kawuan Jakes. Good luck.

Currently Playing:
NCAA 12 - The Coaching Career Of Jason Cameron
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html
Old 09-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #8
Rookie

king8838's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonForTheWin
I played a career with Western Kentucky years ago. You are going to have fun with Rainey and Kawuan Jakes. Good luck.
Thanks man, looking forward to it for sure. Jakes being a sophomore really changes things big time. Excited to see what I can do with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »