Home

Graphics card recommendation?

This is a discussion on Graphics card recommendation? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2019, 05:35 AM   #1
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Graphics card recommendation?

I installed M19 on my Desktop. It has an internal Intel graphics card so I have to set the graphics levels down a bit and it looks okay but choppy. EA recommends GEForce cards that are over $200 but my budget is limited. I'm hoping to get one for under $100, even if it's refurbished it doesn't have to be the latest. If it's almost running ok with internal now then any mid-level 1GB or higher should do the trick, right?

What cards are y'all using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2019, 07:26 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Graphics card recommendation?

Madden 19 and Madden 20 are very easy to run games with base level PC hardware. I would recommend AMD Radeon GPUs over GeForce for Madden due to pricing. The 3 GPUs I recommend you look at are the Radeon RX570, Radeon RX560, and GeForce 1060 3GB Vram.

RX570 would be the highly recommended one due to it perfoming very well on other games. It is over $100, but alot of times you can find them refurbished at a local shop (Microcenter for example), Craiglist or EVGA Midweek Madness in the range of $85-$120

RX560 is the worst performer, but shines on Madden 19, you can run the game on medium/high settings (way better graphics than console) at a solid 60 FPS easy. You can find this GPU in the range of $75-$125 used. Brand new is $150.

GeForce 1060 is the best performer by far. I highly recommend you buy this card when its on sale for EVGA midweek madness since they always have mass stock for this specific card. I have seen weeks where they place the card on sale for $60. You probably could find one on eBay or locally for the same price but to save the hassle wait for wednesday 3am EST to buy the card when it is on sale for ridiculous prices

Good luck in your search for the card!
Old 09-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #3
Pro

servo75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippinpurp
Madden 19 and Madden 20 are very easy to run games with base level PC hardware. I would recommend AMD Radeon GPUs over GeForce for Madden due to pricing. The 3 GPUs I recommend you look at are the Radeon RX570, Radeon RX560, and GeForce 1060 3GB Vram.

RX570 would be the highly recommended one due to it perfoming very well on other games. It is over $100, but alot of times you can find them refurbished at a local shop (Microcenter for example), Craiglist or EVGA Midweek Madness in the range of $85-$120

RX560 is the worst performer, but shines on Madden 19, you can run the game on medium/high settings (way better graphics than console) at a solid 60 FPS easy. You can find this GPU in the range of $75-$125 used. Brand new is $150.

GeForce 1060 is the best performer by far. I highly recommend you buy this card when its on sale for EVGA midweek madness since they always have mass stock for this specific card. I have seen weeks where they place the card on sale for $60. You probably could find one on eBay or locally for the same price but to save the hassle wait for wednesday 3am EST to buy the card when it is on sale for ridiculous prices

Good luck in your search for the card!

Thanks! As I said between my limited budget and the fact that this is basically the only PC game I play, I can't justify a high end gaming card. I'll look into the ones you suggest.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
I installed M19 on my Desktop. It has an internal Intel graphics card so I have to set the graphics levels down a bit and it looks okay but choppy. EA recommends GEForce cards that are over $200 but my budget is limited. I'm hoping to get one for under $100, even if it's refurbished it doesn't have to be the latest. If it's almost running ok with internal now then any mid-level 1GB or higher should do the trick, right?

Stick with an AMD card, reason why is that current consoles use AMD grapics processors inside them but more importantly, upcoming new consoles next year will have a much newer AMD GPU that we see today in the PC world...In fact both PS5 and Xbox Next will have "Navi" based graphics processors..which just came out in the PC side of things..but regardless...the last two years we've seen from AMD ..Polaris GPUs, Vega GPUs, and now Navi GPUs... any PC graphics card from AMD thats new or newish is one of the above, and the important reason i bring this up is that DirectX 12 is gonna be a HUGE HUGE thing for future games, actually starting now and the future..and all these PC games we have today are based off of consoles..these games are developed for Consoles then ported over to PCs...So since developers are coding their games around AMD GPUs and CPUs...its gonna pay off in the long run for any of us that have AMD GPUs and/or CPUs... especially next generation..AMD has a fairly big advancement in DirectX 12 hardware features over Nvidia..so we are gonna see some massive improvements in the long run.

GO with AMD Graphics Card. For 100 dollars you can get a AMD 580 8gb Graphics card all day long on ebay. Don't get fearful of some of these cards being sold that were used for Bitcoin Mining.. I build PC's for local area folks and i get them all the time for those that are on a budget and not a single one have went bad.. and i am talking over 50 AMD 580 8GB Graphics cards i bought used from Ebay that were used for Bitcoin Mining...

Make sure you get a card with 8gb of ram.. look here https://www.ebay.com/b/AMD-Radeon-RX...LH_BIN=1&rt=nc all day long..you will find them for around 100 bucks. That GPU will last you some good years..those 580 8GB GPUs are great graphics cards for 1080P HD Gaming with all the graphics turned up high. on just about any game out there.

Again, These AMD Graphic Cards will see a lot of extra life pumped into them when the next gen consoles and next gen games come out...those games will make great use of DirectX 12 hardware features and AMD is light years ahead of Nvidia in this category... you may not see it much right now but you will very soon. I been building gaming PC's for over 15 years... believe me, i wouldn't tell anyone to buy a Nvidia GPU right now...not when DirectX 12 is about to be fully utilized in next gen games.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Personally, I use a GTX 1660 TI. I've had no issues at all with it. Probably the best overall option, IMO, in terms of balancing price, performance, and value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Stick with an AMD card, reason why is that current consoles use AMD grapics processors inside them but more importantly, upcoming new consoles next year will have a much newer AMD GPU that we see today in the PC world...In fact both PS5 and Xbox Next will have "Navi" based graphics processors..which just came out in the PC side of things..but regardless...the last two years we've seen from AMD ..Polaris GPUs, Vega GPUs, and now Navi GPUs... any PC graphics card from AMD thats new or newish is one of the above, and the important reason i bring this up is that DirectX 12 is gonna be a HUGE HUGE thing for future games, actually starting now and the future..and all these PC games we have today are based off of consoles..these games are developed for Consoles then ported over to PCs...So since developers are coding their games around AMD GPUs and CPUs...its gonna pay off in the long run for any of us that have AMD GPUs and/or CPUs... especially next generation..AMD has a fairly big advancement in DirectX 12 hardware features over Nvidia..so we are gonna see some massive improvements in the long run.

GO with AMD Graphics Card. For 100 dollars you can get a AMD 580 8gb Graphics card all day long on ebay. Don't get fearful of some of these cards being sold that were used for Bitcoin Mining.. I build PC's for local area folks and i get them all the time for those that are on a budget and not a single one have went bad.. and i am talking over 50 AMD 580 8GB Graphics cards i bought used from Ebay that were used for Bitcoin Mining...

Make sure you get a card with 8gb of ram.. look here https://www.ebay.com/b/AMD-Radeon-RX...LH_BIN=1&rt=nc all day long..you will find them for around 100 bucks. That GPU will last you some good years..those 580 8GB GPUs are great graphics cards for 1080P HD Gaming with all the graphics turned up high. on just about any game out there.

Again, These AMD Graphic Cards will see a lot of extra life pumped into them when the next gen consoles and next gen games come out...those games will make great use of DirectX 12 hardware features and AMD is light years ahead of Nvidia in this category... you may not see it much right now but you will very soon. I been building gaming PC's for over 15 years... believe me, i wouldn't tell anyone to buy a Nvidia GPU right now...not when DirectX 12 is about to be fully utilized in next gen games.
Almost everything you said was incorrect. Nvidia cards have always trumped AMD cards in numerous categories, it just takes a few minutes to pull up reptuable reviews and benchmarks to show that. Also AMD cards only showed significant performance gains over Nvidia when AMD first introduced Mantle which is a totally different API than DX12. Mantle was also pretty short lived. It showed a lot of promise but quickly lost support of developers.

AMD cards aren't bad the only advantage is price per performance. But when it comes down to actual performance, game fluidity, etc Nvidia has always had that portion on lock. In the last year or so AMD has closed the gap a good bit between the two so you really can't go wrong either way. I'm not sure if the person who said what he did up above was going off of one person's personal opinion but DX12 is fully compatible with every major card on the market and Nvidia cards actually have outperformed AMD on DX11/12. Where AMD competes is it's lower price points for comparable performance. You can typically purchase an AMD card for $500 that might be 10 fps less than say an Nvidia card 10 fps faster but with a $650-700 price tag. With things like overclocking and such it helps users get about the same performance while paying less.

Can't go wrong either way, figure out your budget and move accordingly. Personally I always go Intel/Nvidia builds because they have always made games more fluid and with the combination of a g-sync monitor it's just absolutely amazing imo.

Here's an article you can read. Tech Radar is reptuable.

https://www.techradar.com/news/compu...s-cards-699480
Old 11-02-2019, 08:52 PM   #7
Pro

servo75's Arena

ow I really appreciate all the help here guys but now I'm more confused than ever. I think at the end of the day, this is going to be like Coke vs. Pepsi. We're not launching rockets here, I'm not making CGI graphics for video games and still do most of my gaming on console (though if Madden PC is truly back I may change that for M21, even better if there's an NCAA or NHL for PC but I'm not holding my breath). So I don't need a top-of-the-line card and given my budget I'd like to keep it at $120 tops. Refurb is okay. I trust the Techradar article but at the same times it seems geared toward heavy gamers since their examples are $700 cards way out of my price range. So perhaps the subtleties discussed here may not be so critical for my decision. I even bought only M19 since I can't justify buying it for both the PC and PS2 but now that PC is back, I may buy M21 on PC only next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipZz
Almost everything you said was incorrect. Nvidia cards have always trumped AMD cards in numerous categories, it just takes a few minutes to pull up reptuable reviews and benchmarks to show that. Also AMD cards only showed significant performance gains over Nvidia when AMD first introduced Mantle which is a totally different API than DX12. Mantle was also pretty short lived. It showed a lot of promise but quickly lost support of developers.

AMD cards aren't bad the only advantage is price per performance. But when it comes down to actual performance, game fluidity, etc Nvidia has always had that portion on lock. In the last year or so AMD has closed the gap a good bit between the two so you really can't go wrong either way. I'm not sure if the person who said what he did up above was going off of one person's personal opinion but DX12 is fully compatible with every major card on the market and Nvidia cards actually have outperformed AMD on DX11/12. Where AMD competes is it's lower price points for comparable performance. You can typically purchase an AMD card for $500 that might be 10 fps less than say an Nvidia card 10 fps faster but with a $650-700 price tag. With things like overclocking and such it helps users get about the same performance while paying less.

Can't go wrong either way, figure out your budget and move accordingly. Personally I always go Intel/Nvidia builds because they have always made games more fluid and with the combination of a g-sync monitor it's just absolutely amazing imo.

Here's an article you can read. Tech Radar is reptuable.

https://www.techradar.com/news/compu...s-cards-699480

Last edited by servo75; 11-03-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #8
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75

i play in a basic laptop gamer with a GTX1050Ti (4gb VRAM), it runs everything but the crowd in max at smoothie 60fps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »