Home

Getting To 99 Overall?

This is a discussion on Getting To 99 Overall? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Getting To 99 Overall?

no matter how good i play in games, no matter if i get an A+ teammate grade, no matter when i win games...i either stay at 98.0 or i知 always getting downgraded to 97 overall. i have yet to get past 98.0. is anyone else having this problem? what am i doing wrong? do i have to play a 100% perfect game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Getting To 99 Overall?

I found it fairly easy in mycareer playing on superstar
Old 09-30-2019, 06:40 AM   #3
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
no matter how good i play in games, no matter if i get an A+ teammate grade, no matter when i win games...i either stay at 98.0 or i’m always getting downgraded to 97 overall. i have yet to get past 98.0. is anyone else having this problem? what am i doing wrong? do i have to play a 100% perfect game?
The two most important things you have to limit are your turnovers and defensive breakdowns. Never turn the ball over more than twice and try not to get more than 2 breakdowns. In return you will receive 99.9s. Stay under that threshold.

If you slip up a bit, you’ll get low 99s. Change the difficulty to pro and practice taking care of the rock. TOs as well as defensive breakdowns will kill you on the road to 99. Avoid those and you will be a 99 in no time.

I played pro 12 minutes as well as park. The less time you play the less mistakes you’re bound to make in a single game . If you are up by 25 just sim to end.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
no matter how good i play in games, no matter if i get an A+ teammate grade, no matter when i win games...i either stay at 98.0 or i知 always getting downgraded to 97 overall. i have yet to get past 98.0. is anyone else having this problem? what am i doing wrong? do i have to play a 100% perfect game?
99 system is a weird one. I was stuck at 98 for a good while during the park event yesterday. No matter what type of game I had it would not go any higher. With about an hour left I jumped from 98 to 98.4. The games that it did increase weren't even my best games. I will try MyCareer tonight and see if it goes up more.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I found it fairly easy in mycareer playing on superstar
Wow, aren't you helpful...

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Wow, aren't you helpful...
The most important thing is actually winning the game. I know it says it's based on performance but 90% of it is whether you actually win or lose. If you lose you're most likely going to end up with a 95.0 grade if you win it should be between 97.0 and 99.5 based on performance. I used to get some 99.9s but I feel like they changed the max to 99.5
Old 09-30-2019, 08:59 AM   #7
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
The most important thing is actually winning the game. I know it says it's based on performance but 90% of it is whether you actually win or lose. If you lose you're most likely going to end up with a 95.0 grade if you win it should be between 97.0 and 99.5 based on performance. I used to get some 99.9s but I feel like they changed the max to 99.5
Yo I literally just gave the blueprint above.

Turnovers and defensive breakdowns are the most important if looking for a 99.9
Old 09-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
The two most important things you have to limit are your turnovers and defensive breakdowns. Never turn the ball over more than twice and try not to get more than 2 breakdowns. In return you will receive 99.9s. Stay under that threshold.

If you slip up a bit, you値l get low 99s. Change the difficulty to pro and practice taking care of the rock. TOs as well as defensive breakdowns will kill you on the road to 99. Avoid those and you will be a 99 in no time.

I played pro 12 minutes as well as park. The less time you play the less mistakes you池e bound to make in a single game . If you are up by 25 just sim to end.
sheesh lol playing on hof turnovers and defensive breakdowns are a guarantee lol. guess i知 going to drop the difficulty asap. thanks for the info

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »