Home

Running game in competitive mode

This is a discussion on Running game in competitive mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Running game in competitive mode

I recently switched to competitive mode and I am finding the running game very good. While the special moves still aren't working, I'm finding the running backs lowering their shoulders, fighting for extra yards and running through holes and to daylight. I even saw a back dive over the goal line from the 1 yard line. It feels like the backs have more forward momentum instead of getting hit and always going backwards. Im giving up having any penalties called in a game, but boy is the running game better. Anyone else tried competitive? What are your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Running game in competitive mode

Was loving the game at launch and had minor issues but these patches have screwed this game up! No matter how well I play and do all the right things it’s jut like this game has it in for me!

Any and every QB is damn near the same and when players backs are against the walls they start throwing passes across their shoulders and take off running leaving my defenders like they’re dragging in the mud and breaks the defense down and voila a touchdown pass or run from a back that’s not even known for breaking tackles or stiff arming people like a Mack truck!

How about them abilities?

Yeah let’s save our power up for when the going gets tough and watch this dudes star just flash underneath him letting you know how screwed you are no matter how bad their d line has been playing!

Recovery speed for defenders is ridiculous like how they can make up for ground that was clearly lost and still make a play! Like where’s the risk v reward at with this game?

It’s just full of youtube players running. The same ish over and over again and even in my SIM leagues there’s dudes in their doing this crap getting away with as everything seems to be a fresh start and we go from there but noooo!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »