Home

Do run oriented playbooks work for you in sim?

This is a discussion on Do run oriented playbooks work for you in sim? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Do run oriented playbooks work for you in sim?

I am tired of using playbooks that don't work in sim. I don't like to call the plays. I prefer to let my coordinators call plays and I just sim the game, not supersim, I just skip the game and let the game get simmed. The issue I have found is no matter what playbook I use they always pass the ball. Its annoying me since I even made a custom playbook with the minimum pass plays and they don't run.

So long story short, does anyone know how to influence the sim to run the ball? Or do I need to call the plays myself? I really want to have a run heavy old school feel to my team as I have drafted many good HBs but they aren't getting touches and yards. Passing seems to be the only option for me and that's boring cause I can dominate with a pass heavy playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 12:34 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Do run oriented playbooks work for you in sim?

If you go into play call and switch to Playbook controlled by the Head Coach and Power Running scheme, it helps.

I have had the same problem in the past where the dimming doesn’t call as many run plays as I would like. I try to basically do all/heavy run as well as I find it more fun. I’ll just supersim and call all the plays myself. I usually just make about 10 run plays that I cycle through as the recent plays can hold 10 plays so I can call plays quick. A bonus quick tip is that I will create the run plays where all the guys besides the QB and RB are linemen and there are some beastly results😃
Old 10-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampafan11
If you go into play call and switch to Playbook controlled by the Head Coach and Power Running scheme, it helps.

I have had the same problem in the past where the dimming doesn’t call as many run plays as I would like. I try to basically do all/heavy run as well as I find it more fun. I’ll just supersim and call all the plays myself. I usually just make about 10 run plays that I cycle through as the recent plays can hold 10 plays so I can call plays quick. A bonus quick tip is that I will create the run plays where all the guys besides the QB and RB are linemen and there are some beastly results😃
I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the response
Old 10-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, your scheme will effect the frequency certain plays get called. You'll still have to adjust sliders appropriately to ensure the run plays work, however. Game engine is very friendly for pass-happy offense. Not so friendly for running, especially running out of the shotgun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »