Home

FIFA 20 Patch 1.05 Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Patch 1.05 Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
FIFA 20 Patch 1.05 Impressions

It's no secret that EA's FIFA 20 launch was nothing short of a disaster. Everything from...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 20 Patch 1.05 Impressions

Can confirm KG's animations rants. I noticed the issue a lot in the early clubs games playing in midfield. Wanted to move the ball quickly, and even with a quick tap on assisted, nothing would happen before the tackle. "I pressed the button!" I would plead in party chat...
Old 10-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
To be fair, that's a likely story from you throughout various sports games going through many years. So it's not as believable coming from you.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not completely positive but either with FIFA 20 release or since one of the patches, I'm sucking at headers. If my defender is behind the forward that's receiving an air ball, he doesn't even attempt to jump an inch for a header. It feels like they constantly try to chest the ball or something without a jump when I press X (pass) on those occasions. Used to just jump and try to win a header. Did something change that I' not aware of or I started doing something wrong after all these years?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nothing about player editing, ridiculousl it goes back to main menu after editing*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 12:54 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
To be fair, that's a likely story from you throughout various sports games going through many years. So it's not as believable coming from you.
You're not wrong.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
?hedache*10-24-2019 06:09:43 PM (EDT)
I'm not completely positive but either with FIFA 20 release or since one of the patches, I'm sucking at headers. If my defender is behind the forward that's receiving an air ball, he doesn't even attempt to jump an inch for a header. It feels like they constantly try to chest the ball or something without a jump when I press X (pass) on those occasions. Used to just jump and try to win a header. Did something change that I' not aware of or I started doing something wrong after all these years?
Heading is broken/deliberately broken this year, no one can score off headers.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

I've played FIFA series since FIFA Soccer 95 on the Genesis, this by far has been a terrible release with 1.05. Too bad because animation and visuals is an improvement, but gameplay is the most important for me and it just isn't there. I regret buying FIFA 19 last year after the initial early access then EA did the bait'n'switch and they did it again this year so can't fool me twice, glad I waited to use the trial version after a couple patches rather than at initial release, it makes a big difference and it's what everyone on the fence should do.

Headers doesn't work this year, I've done dozens and dozens of headers and only got 1 goal from a dumb CB kicking a deflected header into the net (goal wasn't even credited to the player that did the header goal).

Career mode even with the so called fixes in 1.05 is just not fun, PES master league is still way better (bear in mind it also has some issues too).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »