Home

2K Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on 2K Pet Peeves within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
2K Pet Peeves

What are some things that annoy you about the game the most? Here are just a few of mine, which i'm sure i'm not alone with...

CPU Constantly attacking Basket: This has been an on going one for a while. No matter the difficulty, the CPU constantly attacks the paint with pretty much anyone. Also doesn't help that the game doesn't punish them enough for forcing the ball into a defender/traffic. When the CPU is dribbling in, it's like ball tangability just doesn't exsist

Offense Usually Getting Ball Back After Defensive Plays: This has been going on in last yr's game too. Hate to get a good block just for the offense to get the ball back majority of the time smh, which brings me to my other pet peeve...

CPU Reaction Time: I feel like I heard a dev say that they improved the reaction time for the AI in this game, but seems like it only applies to CPU AI. I feel like there needs to be a slider for reaction time for the CPU and User. Reason being, the CPU reacts so damn fast. It doesn't matter which player they are using, they'll react instantly, while your AI players always seem a step slower. I've tested this, so try it for yourself...if there is a loose ball situation, majority of times the CPU's AI players will recover the loose ball quicker than the Users AI players. Having a slider for reaction time for both CPU and User would be perfect fix.

Lack of Player Free Throw Practice: I find it hard to believe that this hasn't made it's way into any of the 2k games yet. I absolutely hate finding out a player has a funky free throw release when i'm in game and want to hit the free throws. All they have to do is allow us to practice free throws in the freestyle practice mode and that's that. Free throws are a big part of the game, so why can't we practice them with players?

Green Release Animations: Can we please have an option to turn these things off? The animations are cool and all I guess, but some players like myself like more immersion and this really kills that. Like I hate seeing my green releases and the CPU's. Not saying they need to get rid of it or anything, but they should at least give us an option to not see the extra on screen stuff for a more sim experience.

Silly AI Teammates: I had to add this one. I feel this is one of the most annoying aspects of 2k gameplay. It's like if you don't set defensive settings, some of your AI teammates just become plain stupid. Whether it's them going to help and leaving a sharpshooter open, or standing there idol and watching a player cut to the rim, this issue has been going on in 2k for yrs. Now i'm not saying the AI hasn't been improved. It's much better now compared to previous games, but it's still not where i'd like it...especially in terms of defense. I long for the day when my friends and I can just get into playing a really quick game and not have to each set defensive settings before we start every single time.

Last edited by WarMMA; 10-31-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K Pet Peeves

I'm just going to get it out of the way now. Green Releases! I could deal with everything above. But I can't with Green Releases. Even when I Green release a jumper. I ****ing cringe every single time. In close game situations. I'm always this close to quitting a game with Green release after Green release. People complain about stupid "full whites". They should be complaining about seeing releases and killing a game experience.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
Pro

Jersey Numbers in the jersey creator- can only select two instead of three like 2K18... my Nike NJ Nets unis look off without double outlined number
Old 10-26-2019, 04:53 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Jersey Numbers in the jersey creator- can only select two instead of three like 2K18... my Nike NJ Nets unis look off without double outlined number
Worst part ... You can't select them in a PNO game (Home or Away). I always end up in the old Jersey lol

Old 10-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm just going to get it out of the way now. Green Releases! I could deal with everything above. But I can't with Green Releases. Even when I Green release a jumper. I ****ing cringe every single time. In close game situations. I'm always this close to quitting a game with Green release after Green release. People complain about stupid "full whites". They should be complaining about seeing releases and killing a game experience.

Yh thnx for reminding me. I definitely forgot about this one. Idk who thought it was a good idea, but it's horrible. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it's something they can fix. Just give us an option to turn it off.

Last edited by WarMMA; 10-26-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Fancy Footwork badge.
Whoever thought it was a good idea needs to get their walking papers. If a HOF CPU Kawhi, Giannis, Rodman or Jordan can’t stop it, it’s definitely going to be a problem online where there’s latency and contestant sliding on defense.

There has to be a badge to counteract every badge, but you can hop step from the three point line like a [insert inappropriate metaphor here] right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #7
Banned

hoopsfan's Arena

My favorite one you mentioned is the CPU Reaction Time. This also applies to them intercepting passes with one hand instead of realistically tipping passes which would either land onto the court or out of bounce. They have eyes behind their heads also. Whatever causes this issue, needs a complete overhaul in the next 2K.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:41 PM   #8
Oba
Rookie

Oba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

This.

And passing to my point guard after a rebound and he doesn't continue his momentum on a fast break. Just stops briefly then runs again. Not sure if anyone else notices this or is bothered by it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »