Home

What’s happened to the 2K OS threads???

This is a discussion on What’s happened to the 2K OS threads??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What’s happened to the 2K OS threads???

They’re dead, no one working on stuff to better the game like the old days....most topics created just to whine about any and every possible thing instead of having problems solved with the community working together....... the roster and slider threads are almost non existent this season...... very strange and sad all at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What’s happened to the 2K OS threads???

I typically make my own sliders, and most of the time make my own roster, but it does seem like their isnt nearly as many slider makers, as their use to be. I dont do the social media crap, so maybe thats where they have taken all the sliders and rosters edits too.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-26-2019, 09:17 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Twitter and Reddit.

Plus I think badges have made it harder to make solid rosters. And I would suggest that this place has thrived on franchise players and 2k's concentration on online and micro transactions may have run some franchise players off.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 PM   #4
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

I still work just as hard coming up with rosters and formulas (even have a custom made PC roster editor tool that automatically inputs all the ratings for me now!) and am seeing some awesome improved results in NBA 2K20 but have taken it offline for the most part. There have been some great O/S users I've encountered over the years, but overall the lack of engagement combined with all the long hours I've put into editing this series have taken my desire and will to be public about it, and killed all of that. It'd be cool to collaborate but there's no focus and everyone just seems to want to do their own thing.

I also don't have the kind of time it would take to put together videos or social media to drive engagement. I'm not a marketing professional.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 11-27-2019, 01:29 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
They’re dead, no one working on stuff to better the game like the old days....most topics created just to whine about any and every possible thing instead of having problems solved with the community working together....... the roster and slider threads are almost non existent this season...... very strange and sad all at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's OS (and to be honest, social media in general) these days for you. I miss those times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 02:31 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I still work just as hard coming up with rosters and formulas (even have a custom made PC roster editor tool that automatically inputs all the ratings for me now!) and am seeing some awesome improved results in NBA 2K20 but have taken it offline for the most part. There have been some great O/S users I've encountered over the years, but overall the lack of engagement combined with all the long hours I've put into editing this series have taken my desire and will to be public about it, and killed all of that. It'd be cool to collaborate but there's no focus and everyone just seems to want to do their own thing.

I also don't have the kind of time it would take to put together videos or social media to drive engagement. I'm not a marketing professional.
wait what, you have a PC roster editing Tool? could you maybe Share that one?
Old 11-27-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Most went to Twitter and Reddit. I find Twitter pointless and hate Reddit so...
Old 11-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
Twitter and Reddit.

Plus I think badges have made it harder to make solid rosters. And I would suggest that this place has thrived on franchise players and 2k's concentration on online and micro transactions may have run some franchise players off.
I definitely think that is a factor.IMO the overall shift in design philosophy has caused a good portion of the old SimNation type guys to throw their hands up in the air and either just grab whatever decent Realism type content already exists out there for their favorite iteration of the game and go strictly offline with it, or just straight up completely walk away from 2K and find their enjoyment elsewhere.I would say I myself fall into this group as I have not touched 2K20 for about 2 months now in favor of other games I actually enjoy, and at this point I have no desire to return.

IMO at this point it's fairly obvious that outside of a few guys like Czar, 2K have pretty well decided to forego most of the Sim type elements in favor of "appealing to the general public" with a heavy concentration on RPG Lite elements,online/social interaction elements, near endless highlight plays,etc.

I think it has gotten to the point now where having to endlessly wrestle with the game itself just to get a half decent replication of realistic basketball out of it isn't worth the time (much less the hassle) anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »