Home

How to defend Deep In and Out routes?

This is a discussion on How to defend Deep In and Out routes? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
How to defend Deep In and Out routes?

I’ve been struggling with this. Deshaun Watson just whooped me by throwing Deep In and short out routes the whole game.

I’ve tried Cover 2, 3, and 4. None worked. My LB’s, even with high ZCV, never drop deep enough. I can user it myself and I try to but I can’t always do it.

Can’t use MCV because of course my 90 ovr Darius Slay is still too dumb enough to stay with the defender on the In Routes.

I also have a problem with short out routes. MCV and Cover 2 don’t work. Cover 2 works occasionally, but often the short zone defender is either playing too far in, or too far up.

Any tips?

(Matt10 sliders btw)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Re: How to defend Deep In and Out routes?

If someone is killing me with out routes I go Nickel Cover 2 Man shade underneath and user the Slot CB to take away the Slot WR manually. Doesn’t work everytime but it will cut down on them gashing you

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
MVP

For out routes I'm either going to squat my CB underneath them or I'm playing one of the 3 deep zone dogs with match coverage.

For deep digs it really depends on what else is going on with the play. As always get pressure, because if you don't they will find space or get separation eventually.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:37 AM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Deep digs can be a bug-a-boo. If you’re usering your linebacker make sure you’re getting enough depth and hitting your landmark consistently.

I use a lot of Cover-3. When you are the hook defender you should be at 10-12 yards depth and 2 yards outside the hash to take away that dig... really 12 in this game with the way that route is run. Don’t come up on anything underneath until the ball is thrown.

CPU linebackers are poorly programmed. They don’t consistently get depth and suck up far too often on underneath stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »