Home

AI Defense

This is a discussion on AI Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI Defense

Idk what 2k has done with there latest patch, but this game has become pathetic. Playing on hall of fame using Any quick PG You can literally walk down the court your defender waiting for you at the half court line and go right by him. Drop 60 a game with any player just using turbo to blow by your defender. This game has become trash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 04:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: AI Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsfan112
Idk what 2k has done with there latest patch, but this game has become pathetic. Playing on hall of fame using Any quick PG You can literally walk down the court your defender waiting for you at the half court line and go right by him. Drop 60 a game with any player just using turbo to blow by your defender. This game has become trash.
going wide baseline on any fb works everytime, lol.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
Rookie

m29a's Arena

So hold on, first you say using any quick player you can do it, then afterwards you say using "any player" will work. Which one is it? Was this just one game taking advantage of a poor defender or are you genuinely doing this on a regular basis against literally ANY defender out there?

Because this hasn't been my experience at all in most games. When I go up against a decently well rated defender you absolutely cannot just hold turbo and go past them like you can against the poor defenders. And even in games where I'm always getting to the basket, the interior defense can still be strong to where you're going to get blocked and get contested layups at least half the time, so it isn't an automatic basket.

Ratings and match-ups DO matter. And context matters. I don't think posts like above are helpful unless you provide more details instead of just saying "this game is trash/pathetic".

Edit: I do agree that on fast breaks, driving baseline is way too easy.

Last edited by m29a; 12-28-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

I know what he's talking about to a point. He's exaggerating some. But if you run a fast break for instance and you get a player with decent speed and finishing ability. You can run by guys on the fly and finish more often then not on the baseline.

Using Jimmy Butler. I had probably 12 points or more doing that. You make a long pass to him on the side and he can usually run by a defender and get to the rim at ease. This does need fixed.

But help defense has needed fixing for a while in certain spots. It's not a game breaker. But it is a bit OP.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Personally I hate being forced to make my man go middle in 5v5 modes just because if he gets by me on the sideline going baseline its game over unless I get some help.

I've been trying to play the 2 and 3 in PNO player control and on the wing its either
  1. Clamp my man into picking up his dribble on the Nth time he tries to blow by baseline this possession.
  2. My man counters to the middle and has open passing lanes to EVERYONE
  3. I give up a foot of space on the sideline and get blown by for the reverse jelly

I have trouble guarding PG13, his highest overall version, with 97 Lebron James. So I know there are things for me to improve on. Please hit me with your suggestions if you would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 03:54 PM   #6
Banned

Well this post is useless and soon to be locked lol....... no one being truthful believes this crap

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »