Home

Game Freezing *BAD* PS3

This is a discussion on Game Freezing *BAD* PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game Freezing *BAD* PS3

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing when trying to play an actual game? I can sim any and everything, but when I want to actually play I can get as far as picking uniforms and playbooks, but it freezes every time now before I can get to the screen to actually press X to enter the game. It's basically unplayable at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Game Freezing *BAD* PS3

If you're in Dynasty mode, that could indicate a problem with your save file.

If not, it may be an online issue (using an ethernet cable instead of wifi cut down on a lot of lagging/freezing for me for awhile.)

Or your console has dust all up in the vents, or at worst this could be an early sign of a hard drive going south.

Sounds weird I know, but across the different ps3 games I have, NCAA had started giving me freezes, lags, and general hangups months before other titles when my first hard drive failed.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:23 PM   #3
Pro

I've had problems too. Only in Dynasty mode. The game would freeze at the opening kickoff from time to time.

Similarly I had issues where players on the other team would randomly be reduced to an overall of 0.

I am not sure if using the editor had anything to do with this or not. It isnt unplayable but certainly is frustrating

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
If you're in Dynasty mode, that could indicate a problem with your save file.

If not, it may be an online issue (using an ethernet cable instead of wifi cut down on a lot of lagging/freezing for me for awhile.)

Or your console has dust all up in the vents, or at worst this could be an early sign of a hard drive going south.

Sounds weird I know, but across the different ps3 games I have, NCAA had started giving me freezes, lags, and general hangups months before other titles when my first hard drive failed.

These are all good suggestions and in the order you should try them.

I would add going into Safe Mode (hold down the power button when the system is off) and selecting to Restore File System or Rebuild Database. If all else fails, you can Restore PS3 System, but that essentially wipes the system and returns it to the factory settings state.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Rookie

I think I'll try pulling to console apart and giving it a good clean. The vents aren't clogged, and later last year I replaced the original hard drive with a solid-state drive.

I only have an offline dynasty so that eliminates any connection issues.

I've even started a new dynasty to see if it would work and have the exact same issues.

I'll look at doing a database rebuild as well. I'm hoping to find some kind of solution, the game is basically unplayable at this point.

I've even considered having my PS3 jailbroken and having the game ripped from the disc and installed directly to the SSD to eliminate any potential issues with the disc itself.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 19

I ran into a freezing issue when trying to select a Notre Dame uniform. I wondered if somehow that was disabled, since the uniform choices were Adidas and now ND is in Under Armor. Is that possible? I did have to reboot the system and go with default uniforms.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #7
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
I ran into a freezing issue when trying to select a Notre Dame uniform. I wondered if somehow that was disabled, since the uniform choices were Adidas and now ND is in Under Armor. Is that possible? I did have to reboot the system and go with default uniforms.
No.
There's a longstanding freezing issue with one of Notre Dame's "Shamrock Series" uniforms (the ones they wore to play ASU the year this came out) such that the jersey will not load correctly. So even if as you're changing uniforms if you just cycle past it the game will try to load the visuals for it and lock up.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #8
Rookie

So I've found through some trial and error that if I go into uniform options before I try launching a game, that seems to fix the issue. So I'm wondering if there is a problem with the disc accessing the files where the uniforms are located?

Last edited by natenagy; 01-26-2020 at 11:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »