Home

NASCAR Heat 4 Steerling Wheel Setting

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 4 Steerling Wheel Setting within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
NASCAR Heat 4 Steerling Wheel Setting

Can some please help me? I just bought a steerling wheel to use with my PS4 specifically for NASCAR Heat 4 but I for the life of me cannot figure out how to change my setting from wireless controller to wheel. There is no option to change the setting.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR Heat 4 Steerling Wheel Setting

Without knowing the wheel you bought, it's difficult to offer any recommendations.

Is it listed as an officially supported wheel on the PS4? NASCAR Heat has always been pretty finicky when it comes to wheels, but I'll say it shouldn't be very difficult if it's supported. You go to controls, and it asks gamepad or wheel.

If it doesn't do that, it may not be a supported wheel.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Here are the compatible wheels for NASCAR Heat 4. Since you just bought it and if it's not on the list, return it and get one of the wheels below that is compatible.

What racing wheels are compatible with NASCAR Heat 4?
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One – NASCAR Heat 4 supports all Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels that are supported with their current consoles. If the wheel is an active product for Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster and for sale on their websites, NASCAR Heat 4 supports it on the XBOX and PS4.

PC/Steam – NASCAR Heat 4 supports all Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels created from 2014 and beyond and any wheels that are also compatible with PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. There is also a wheel configuration menu in the game options that allows users to setup other devices/wheels.

https://nascarheat.com/nascar-heat-4-faq-2/
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-22-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Without knowing the wheel you bought, it's difficult to offer any recommendations.

Is it listed as an officially supported wheel on the PS4? NASCAR Heat has always been pretty finicky when it comes to wheels, but I'll say it shouldn't be very difficult if it's supported. You go to controls, and it asks gamepad or wheel.

If it doesn't do that, it may not be a supported wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Here are the compatible wheels for NASCAR Heat 4. Since you just bought it and if it's not on the list, return it and get one of the wheels below that is compatible.

What racing wheels are compatible with NASCAR Heat 4?
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One – NASCAR Heat 4 supports all Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels that are supported with their current consoles. If the wheel is an active product for Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster and for sale on their websites, NASCAR Heat 4 supports it on the XBOX and PS4.

PC/Steam – NASCAR Heat 4 supports all Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels created from 2014 and beyond and any wheels that are also compatible with PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. There is also a wheel configuration menu in the game options that allows users to setup other devices/wheels.

https://nascarheat.com/nascar-heat-4-faq-2/

I found the answer in that other thread that the Thurstmaster T80 isn't supported by NASCAR Heat 4. So yeah, I took it back. I was extremely disappointed. I had no idea that steering wheels were so hit and miss.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 01-22-2020, 11:32 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I found the answer in that other thread that the Thurstmaster T80 isn't supported by NASCAR Heat 4. So yeah, I took it back. I was extremely disappointed. I had no idea that steering wheels were so hit and miss.
I have the Thrustmaster TX Leather wheel and T3PA pedals, with my XBox One X, and it works great with NASCAR HEAT 4. I use the Thrustmaster Italia wheel setting to get it to work, as the Thrustmaster TX doesn't show up on the list of options. I am able to customize it from the default, Italia settings.

It sounds like the T80 doesn't even trigger the game to recognize that you've got a steering wheel attached?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #6
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I have the Thrustmaster TX Leather wheel and T3PA pedals, with my XBox One X, and it works great with NASCAR HEAT 4. I use the Thrustmaster Italia wheel setting to get it to work, as the Thrustmaster TX doesn't show up on the list of options. I am able to customize it from the default, Italia settings.

It sounds like the T80 doesn't even trigger the game to recognize that you've got a steering wheel attached?

Yep. It's just like it's not even connected. Yet someone from NASCAR Heat 4 support said that the T80 wheel should work. I don't know. Maybe the wheel I bought was defected? I don't know.

I had no idea buying wheels was so tricky. I thought it was just plug and play but clearly you need to make sure the wheel is supported.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 01-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #7
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

It usually is plug and play.

Wheel support is up to every individual software developer, and Heat has ALWAYS had absolutely bizarre wheel support since their first reboot version.

With most racing games, it's usually just a plug and play affair.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

I just got Heat 4. My wheel shows up on player 2 controller options. How do I get it to show up on player 1? Player 1 only shows the wireless controller, no wheel option. Player 2 has a wireless controller and the wheel as controller options. Wheel is thrustmaster. I also have F1 2019 and the wheel works just fine on that. I don't even need/want 2 player mode. Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »