Home

Dribble moves

This is a discussion on Dribble moves within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Dribble moves

I practice dribble moves in practice mode and they work well but in games unable to make same dribble moves and nothing can’t repeat moves I make in practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Dribble moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
I practice dribble moves in practice mode and they work well but in games unable to make same dribble moves and nothing can’t repeat moves I make in practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dribble moves are like maze. They simple so complicated. Every year I try to learn a few. Nothing crazy. I'm more of a ball mover and then attack close outs with jab steps and step back. Just learning the momentum BTB this year was too much for me. I'll do it twice maybe three times a game. I see dudes that can pull it off 3 times in one possession.

The only place isolate is in the post. I'm just more comfortable there.

I wish I had tips for you. I'm sure you've been through the YouTube maze of video combos. If you haven't. There are tons of stuff out there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

Defensive pressure is the biggest culprit. In career they like to double, so usually when someone is still 6 feet away from the weakside, 2k still registers it as a double team. Like dude has already trapped you, even tho he hasn't even gotten close. This makes you do all sorts of weird stuff, like throwing the ball out of bounds when trying to make a simple pass to the open man.

The other times when your match up is pressing you above the 3 point line, they make it to where you can't even snatch back to get space. Dribble escapes to the left or right may require more than one input.

My suggestion is to dribble in the open court, or WAY behind the 3 point line. If you're playing with a guard with Quick First Step at least on Gold, then while crossing half court, before your man even advances to pick you up, you can just flick up on the right stick and turbo past him almost every time. The only time this DOESN'T work, is if your teammate is already in the corner where you're trying to drive. The easy counter to this is to literally drive the opposite way. I can't guarantee that you can get to the basket as easily, but driving into the strong side of the court will often get that man you just avoided open.

Using literally one move on my 2 way Slashing Playmaker i can score 20 points and 10 assists every game off one action. Honestly, if the cpu didn't double every time i cross court i wouldn't do this. They wanna cheese me, I'll cheese back.lol
Old 01-25-2020, 05:05 PM   #4
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to assume you are referring to some of the more "complicated" dribble moves, like the shamgod or the explosive BTB (which is patched and creates less space).

In my opinion, if the move isnt in 2kU it is not worth doing. I tried to learn all the obtuse moves this year, but I'm only able to do the shamgod somewhat consistently (another issue limiting their utility).

So I would suggest ignoring those moves, and just using momentum escapes. Being completely honest that is all it takes to force the other team into help defense, and that is always the goal when being the ball handler.

You'd be surprised how many people you can just completely destroy by being unpredicable with your speed. Not even doing a complicated dribble move that exposes the ball...play at your own speed and use your dribbles to break down what the defense is showing you.

If you do dribble moves standing still without moving your man, may an apparition of Charles Barkley haunt you.
dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble Forced Shot

Last edited by MakePostGreatAgain; 01-25-2020 at 09:20 PM. Reason: good luck. The most complicated yet effective dribble i use is the fake spin (half spin). Even then I use it to slow downtheO

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »