Home

Did pace of play improve from 18 to 19?

This is a discussion on Did pace of play improve from 18 to 19? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Did pace of play improve from 18 to 19?

I started playing 18 again after not playing any Show last year. I turned the settings to fast play, but games still drag on a bit long for me. I noticed the the CPU will wait 5 seconds between pitches if there are any runners on base. Some pitchers deliveries also take a really long time. Did 19 speed things up at all? I'd like to be able complete 9 inning games in under 45 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Did pace of play improve from 18 to 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I started playing 18 again after not playing any Show last year. I turned the settings to fast play, but games still drag on a bit long for me. I noticed the the CPU will wait 5 seconds between pitches if there are any runners on base. Some pitchers deliveries also take a really long time. Did 19 speed things up at all? I'd like to be able complete 9 inning games in under 45 minutes.
Unless you want to use "Quick Counts", the answer is likely no, the pace of play in MLB 19 did not change much from MLB 18. Your only hope to finish fast is to button mash as much as you can between plays. But completing "Fast Play" games without "Quick Counts" usually takes at least one hour to complete while the full "Broadcast" presentation games usually last about two hours. Of course it all depends on how many base runners and how many runs are scored in a given game.

Last edited by My993C2; 01-27-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play broadcast, no QC and my games take about 45-1 hr even if I skip some things
Old 01-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
There's an option for speeding up the time it takes the CPU pitcher between pitches - in gameplay settings on the Pitching tab, change pitch delay to Faster. It'll cut the time before a CPU pitcher selects a pitch down to about 2 seconds. You can save this setting on your profile so you don't have to change it every game, but make sure you're changing it for the profile you actually use in-game (most of the time it will be the one listed as Default).

Nothing short of editing the windups will change how fast a pitcher goes through his actual windup, though.

Other than that, Fast Play presentation is the main way of getting through full games quickly.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
There's an option for speeding up the time it takes the CPU pitcher between pitches - in gameplay settings on the Pitching tab, change pitch delay to Faster. It'll cut the time before a CPU pitcher selects a pitch down to about 2 seconds. You can save this setting on your profile so you don't have to change it every game, but make sure you're changing it for the profile you actually use in-game (most of the time it will be the one listed as Default).

Nothing short of editing the windups will change how fast a pitcher goes through his actual windup, though.

Other than that, Fast Play presentation is the main way of getting through full games quickly.
I don't recall seeing this in 18. I remember is from a previous version. That would do wonders, and the time between pitches is way too long for me. I'll look for it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Baseball is not designed for the short attention span crowd.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Every presentation setting is "Fast", technically. Real games take 3 or 4 hours. I'm not sure what people want in terms of making it faster. Just play the mode they made for the kids where you only play crucial "moments"
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
Every presentation setting is "Fast", technically. Real games take 3 or 4 hours. I'm not sure what people want in terms of making it faster. Just play the mode they made for the kids where you only play crucial "moments"
People want to be able to have a hands on approach to their franchises, but also have lives outside of playing video games. So being able to play a game in 45 minutes means that in a 2 hour window where they have free time to play games, they can get 2 games played instead of one.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-27-2020 at 02:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »