Home

Judging: Striking v Grappling

This is a discussion on Judging: Striking v Grappling within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Judging: Striking v Grappling

With the ease of getting rocks or KDs, it’s far easier to score with striking than grappling. TDs don’t score much unless they are power TDs. I think a regular TD should score as much as a body kick.

Not to mention back positions are easy to get out of. How much does control score? The judging criteria says control v damage scores more depending on which majority of the round took place in. But it doesn’t feel like control scores as much as it should. There should also be a entry to the back from top control like Demian Maia does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: Judging: Striking v Grappling

Grappling Control is already OverPowered, because the grappling animations are real-time animations, while the clock is an accelerated clock.

While it doesn't look like you are holding someone down and controlling them much, it adds up pretty easy, considering an accelerated round is about 3 minutes long and a good grappler can easily be patient and grind you/hold you down for 45sec - 1 min per takedown, regardless of your skill level
Old 02-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Grappling Control is already OverPowered, because the grappling animations are real-time animations, while the clock is an accelerated clock.

While it doesn't look like you are holding someone down and controlling them much, it adds up pretty easy, considering an accelerated round is about 3 minutes long and a good grappler can easily be patient and grind you/hold you down for 45sec - 1 min per takedown, regardless of your skill level
You can score with grappling control.. what I’m saying is it’s easier to score with striking since it’s so easy to get rocked. Also important grappling positions like back control are way to easy to escape.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
Pro

Takedowns are not supposed to score much if you don't convert it to meaningful offense (dominant positions, submission attempts, effective ground and pound). That's what the rules state anyway.

I think you can win rounds with grappling relatively consistently but it is true that strikers can steal rounds with how easily you can rock people. Hopefully UFC 4 finally introduces ground and pound rocks.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:22 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Takedowns are not supposed to score much if you don't convert it to meaningful offense (dominant positions, submission attempts, effective ground and pound). That's what the rules state anyway.

I think you can win rounds with grappling relatively consistently but it is true that strikers can steal rounds with how easily you can rock people. Hopefully UFC 4 finally introduces ground and pound rocks.
Yeah there should be GNP rocks. But on TDs that's the point. It's a lot harder to sub someone or finsh gnp than rocking them standing. Body kicks dont score as much as they do in the game as they do irl it seems but they still score well. I am saying TDs should score as much as a body kick does. They are harder to land than body kicks too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man

A real time clock is so much better for an MMA Game anyway. I agree with pretty much everything especially the time cosuming unrealistic animations.
As I pure striker I hope they overhauled the complete Ground Game. For me #2 priority for an instant buy
Old 02-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi

Begs the question how GSP defended the WW title 9 times lol
Old 02-21-2020, 01:45 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Begs the question how GSP defended the WW title 9 times lol
With the exception of the Hendricks fight (which he arguably lost), he didnt take much damage in any of his post Serra title fights.

Also ALL of his title fights were before the new rules. The old rules factored things like control and takedowns much higher than the new ones do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »