Home

After Playing first season of be a pro as forward

This is a discussion on After Playing first season of be a pro as forward within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
After Playing first season of be a pro as forward

After the first season as Forward, I really love NHL 20, I scored whopping 24 goals and 17 assists , as sniper centre , in first season, at the start of the season I got injured twice, first for 56 days and then next 76 days, by the time I came back my team was already like 20 wins and 20 Losses and 4 OTL, I came back I fixed injury occurrence by lowering to 45 , I found at 50-51 I got really injured fast, same with preparedness at 35 , I had increased it to 39.

so...there I went I played entire whole day yesterday, we went W 33 - L 25 - OTL 11, I had helped my team secure the last playoff spot for my team, it was tough challenge, we beat sarina spirit in first round 4-3, but I got injured in game 7 of first round, I had just scored 4 goals and 3 assists, I was monster, trying to keep my team in there, so my team got to next round, where they got eaten alive by London Knights 4-1, I was injured for 87 days this time, I really love NHL 20, I adjusted few stuff and already started next season we are W 3 - L 2 - OTL already, I have 4 goals and 6 assists points 10.

I give NHL 20 Be A Pro playing as forward my like, its addicting I almost play every day now.

I praise NHL 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #2
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: After Playing first season of be a pro as forward

I agree with your sentiments. Right now, I'm playing as a 2-way RW, 16 yr old for the Seattle Thunderbirds. An elbow to the head took me out of action for about 40 days in concussion protocol, but with the sliders and game speed set to my liking, I'm doing well as an assist/defensive winger, but I only have 9 goals on the season (about half done).

Yes, the mode needs some attention and improvements by addition, but not much by subtraction. The mode is healthy enough to keep players moving forward, but missing some story driven elements. Maybe someday...

My praise is for the commitment to the mode, regardless of some minor shortcomings. Those who've played previous releases are familiar with the tone of the mode. My only gripe is finding a way to save my setup, sliders, etc so I can start multiple BAP games by importing. Can this be done? I haven't found it...
Old 03-06-2020, 12:15 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
I agree with your sentiments. Right now, I'm playing as a 2-way RW, 16 yr old for the Seattle Thunderbirds. An elbow to the head took me out of action for about 40 days in concussion protocol, but with the sliders and game speed set to my liking, I'm doing well as an assist/defensive winger, but I only have 9 goals on the season (about half done).

Yes, the mode needs some attention and improvements by addition, but not much by subtraction. The mode is healthy enough to keep players moving forward, but missing some story driven elements. Maybe someday...

My praise is for the commitment to the mode, regardless of some minor shortcomings. Those who've played previous releases are familiar with the tone of the mode. My only gripe is finding a way to save my setup, sliders, etc so I can start multiple BAP games by importing. Can this be done? I haven't found it...

good to hear u are having good time, its been a blast playing be a pro forward this year, life got in the way of my playing hours recently, can probably only way few games here and there now, that's great u havin' fun!
Old 03-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
After the first season as Forward, I really love NHL 20, I scored whopping 24 goals and 17 assists , as sniper centre , in first season, at the start of the season I got injured twice, first for 56 days and then next 76 days, by the time I came back my team was already like 20 wins and 20 Losses and 4 OTL, I came back I fixed injury occurrence by lowering to 45 , I found at 50-51 I got really injured fast, same with preparedness at 35 , I had increased it to 39.

so...there I went I played entire whole day yesterday, we went W 33 - L 25 - OTL 11, I had helped my team secure the last playoff spot for my team, it was tough challenge, we beat sarina spirit in first round 4-3, but I got injured in game 7 of first round, I had just scored 4 goals and 3 assists, I was monster, trying to keep my team in there, so my team got to next round, where they got eaten alive by London Knights 4-1, I was injured for 87 days this time, I really love NHL 20, I adjusted few stuff and already started next season we are W 3 - L 2 - OTL already, I have 4 goals and 6 assists points 10.

I give NHL 20 Be A Pro playing as forward my like, its addicting I almost play every day now.

I praise NHL 20
Great to hear. Now try playing ONE game in Be a Pro as a goalie... I doubt you'll have the same praise. And I hope you're not depressive or suicidal.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Great to hear. Now try playing ONE game in Be a Pro as a goalie... I doubt you'll have the same praise. And I hope you're not depressive or suicidal.

I know right!, Be A Pro Goalie makes me mad all day, just the other day I tried superstar, I let in like 6 goals, goals that I tried to save shoulda been easy saves, it seems only all-star full sim , is only playable mode right now, yah players gets all the praise and goalies is like nightmare waiting to happen , now all-star is alright when u get a working setting going .

I know its funny its like reverse praise almost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies

I know right!, Be A Pro Goalie makes me mad all day, just the other day I tried superstar, I let in like 6 goals, goals that I tried to save shoulda been easy saves, it seems only all-star full sim , is only playable mode right now, yah players gets all the praise and goalies is like nightmare waiting to happen , now all-star is alright when u get a working setting going .

I know its funny its like reverse praise almost
Even on All-star. I was doing fine and then the CPU started going all PINBALL crazy on me and scored 3 goals with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd.

I had 27 saves and working on a 1-0 shut-out and it all went tits up real quick because the AI in this game is ridiculous. LOL
Old 03-27-2020, 07:29 PM   #7
Pro

Since I mainly play EASHL nowadays with a solid group of players, franchise mode feels kinda stale,so I decided to play some BAL as a defender to pass the time between online gaming.
Big mistake!

My ai team mates are complete you know what.
Going fw as a defender my fw loses the puck 9/10 times,me always being wrong footed and getting counter attacked!
The hardly establish the puck at all there.
A nightmare playing D here.
Anyone else playing BAL as D?

Edit:Be A Pro of course.not BAL, different game!

Xbox :ettnollbajen

Last edited by Ettnollbajen; 03-27-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #8
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
Since I mainly play EASHL nowadays with a solid group of players, franchise mode feels kinda stale,so I decided to play some BAL as a defender to pass the time between online gaming.
Big mistake!

My ai team mates are complete you know what.
Going fw as a defender my fw loses the puck 9/10 times,me always being wrong footed and getting counter attacked!
The hardly establish the puck at all there.
A nightmare playing D here.
Anyone else playing BAL as D?

Edit:Be A Pro of course.not BAL, different game!

are u playing Forward or Defense for Be A Pro ?

I honestly like playing as Forward in Be A Pro, I think it awesome, what did u think of forward, I personally enjoyed it a lot, I liked it so much that I had to update superstar to make it better.

but goalies on other hand is still work in progress, game changes so much, its almost breath taking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »