Home

Increasing the speed of Olinemen greatly improves pull blocking

This is a discussion on Increasing the speed of Olinemen greatly improves pull blocking within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Increasing the speed of Olinemen greatly improves pull blocking

In a desperate attempt to get functional blocking out of power and toss plays, I upped the speed and acc of my starting gaurds to the 90s.

The difference is night and day.

Gone are the plays where gaurds get stuck in the hole or run and don't block anyone. After pulling they signle out a player and you can see them accelerate into them. On a few plays I did feel like I was cheesing becuase they were able to make up ground to block players they shouldn't have been able to get to, but for the most part the difference just makes them much more capable of attempting their blocking assignments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Increasing the speed of Olinemen greatly improves pull blocking

Have you tried increasing Speed Threshold ( and thus lowering the differential between the faster and slower players ) , this suggests that that should probably have a similar outcome , but potentially in a more ' realistic ' fashion ?
Old 03-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

OVR: 0

Any feedback on screen passes?
Old 03-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Makes sense. Speed differences in Madden are way overblown. Threshold needs to be at 100 to even get close.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
Any feedback on screen passes?
I haven't tried it out yet. I only increased the speed of my gaurds since they're the ones that usually pull. I haven't noticed anything on screens. Usually my issue with screens is the back getting stuck on in traffic. They rarely had issues just wiffing on blocks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2020, 08:35 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I get what you're trying to do but have no idea why. Toss and power plays work beautifully in this game on default - particularly if you're running a zone scheme. If you run schemes with power blockers or pass protectors as the primary archetype, then it gets dicey.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I get what you're trying to do but have no idea why. Toss and power plays work beautifully in this game on default - particularly if you're running a zone scheme. If you run schemes with power blockers or pass protectors as the primary archetype, then it gets dicey.
I was thinking the same thing, Josh. Love the toss plays on here. With these 1995 rosters i re-edited and custom playbooks i made for each team, they toss sweep it quite a bit. Man it’s a thing of beauty.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 03-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have not had this experience no matter who my blockers are. More significantly, even bad blockers shouldn't have the problems that I've seen. What are your settings? MAybe there's a fix in that.

What I often see is pull blockers running into space and blocking the wrong people if they block anyone at all. I can easily pull up some videos of this just playing a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »