Home

New Throwing

This is a discussion on New Throwing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New Throwing

Well me personally im extra glad that i got the game at the early release date becasue its going to take me the next 4 days just to master throwing. Currently about 1 on 3 throws i make result in the throw being off target. It May just ne me but whith the new throw meter if its not in the green its a way off target throw. I failed misserable in my first double play attempt wide or 2nd and then into the stands behind first. I would love to play some online games in DD but until i can throw thats off limits. Anyone else out there struggling, or have and tips.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New Throwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
Well me personally im extra glad that i got the game at the early release date becasue its going to take me the next 4 days just to master throwing. Currently about 1 on 3 throws i make result in the throw being off target. It May just ne me but whith the new throw meter if its not in the green its a way off target throw. I failed misserable in my first double play attempt wide or 2nd and then into the stands behind first. I would love to play some online games in DD but until i can throw thats off limits. Anyone else out there struggling, or have and tips.
I'm right there with you. And I think I'll have to wear my glasses to play since seeing the meter is harder in my advanced age. LOL
Old 03-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

Do they not have an option where you can redo the meter until you want to throw it like in years past? Also struggling with this

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

duh1call3dston3s's Arena

Quote:
Definitely will take some getting use to, but I’m glad they did this. Throwing was way to easy IMO. I played 2 exhibition games and 3 MTO’s last night and I believe I made 3 throwing errors. That normally wouldn’t happen but the meter is very, very fast now.

I hear what you’re saying about not wanting to get into DD yet. I feel the same way because of this lol
Old 03-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1call3dston3s
Definitely will take some getting use to, but I’m glad they did this. Throwing was way to easy IMO. I played 2 exhibition games and 3 MTO’s last night and I believe I made 3 throwing errors. That normally wouldn’t happen but the meter is very, very fast now.

I hear what you’re saying about not wanting to get into DD yet. I feel the same way because of this lol
I agree with you. I like they did this. And it feels a little better than it was in the beta. My only complain is with my eyes needing to wear my glasses. But that isn't the game's fault! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
Do they not have an option where you can redo the meter until you want to throw it like in years past? Also struggling with this
No they took that away this year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 03-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

I have learned that you dont need to preload as many throws as in past years. If i wait for the feilder to set their feet on routine infeild throws you get a bigger green window.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:08 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
I have learned that you dont need to preload as many throws as in past years. If i wait for the feilder to set their feet on routine infeild throws you get a bigger green window.
Ditto. I stopped pre-loading as hardcore as years passed and I am making better throws. Definitely takes some getting used to lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »