Home

Best way to play Franchise?

This is a discussion on Best way to play Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2020, 11:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Best way to play Franchise?

I wish they kept the # of games in a season option like in 17 but it's gone and probably never coming back.

I'm going to start Franchise for the first time in 3 years. But I have no time to play 162 games.

What are some of the best methods you all use to do your franchise when playing all 162 isn't an option? Play 1/3 or 2/4 of the games in a series? I thought about playing maybe 3 inning games for all 162 but not sure how that is a good representation of the game or if there are options that will allow my starter to get tired after 2 innings like it does in DD 3 inning games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Relichris's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best way to play Franchise?

From what I’ve read and seen, some people use the play 1, sim 5 method, which IMO sounds like a good system to have. But if you’re even more pressed for time (and I’ve thought about doing so as well) is choosing 3 series per month. That’s potentially 9-12 games per month equating to 54-72 games per season.
XML - DENVER BRONCOS, 51-17 (6-3, playoffs)

Record: 145-51 (13-7, playoff record, 2-time SB Champ)

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/relichris
Old 03-15-2020, 12:09 AM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Typically I either play 2 games in a divisional series or 1 vs a non division opponent. Another thing I do is play 5 (1 rotation through the starters) sim 5, play 5, sim 5 etc
Old 03-15-2020, 12:41 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

if 54 isn't too many, I like playing this way some seasons: play 1 & sim 2. because you know you're usually gonna win a third & lose a third no matter how good or bad you are, it's how you play in the other 54 that decide if you win 70 or 90.

if 54 is too many, you can bat only in 27 of those 54 and pitch only in the other 27.

in other seasons I may play with quick counts on and other seasons I have only played as long as my starting pitcher was in, then simmed the rest of the game.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-15-2020, 01:45 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I never really got the "no time for 162" thing. I mean, you can take as long as you want. I play the Show year round and it takes me a year to get through a season. There are sessions where I literally only play one inning.

Now if "no time for 162" is code for I don't even have that kind of time and I'd like to finish a season in less than three years then I totally get it. If that's the case I would suggest a system that has you playing every single starter as evenly as possible. I would also suggest swaths of the season where you play every single game. What sections of the schedule are important to you? Opening week? Playoff hunt? September callups?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 03:23 AM   #6
Banned

Play 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th innings + extras
Manage 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th innings
Old 03-15-2020, 03:36 AM   #7
Rookie

nharemza79's Arena

1st 2 games of every series, until I clinch division or am mathematically eliminated. 104 if play whole season, usually ends up around 96 if not.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #8
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I never really got the "no time for 162" thing. I mean, you can take as long as you want. I play the Show year round and it takes me a year to get through a season. There are sessions where I literally only play one inning.

Now if "no time for 162" is code for I don't even have that kind of time and I'd like to finish a season in less than three years then I totally get it. If that's the case I would suggest a system that has you playing every single starter as evenly as possible. I would also suggest swaths of the season where you play every single game. What sections of the schedule are important to you? Opening week? Playoff hunt? September callups?
i think people always start a new because of the RL roster changes. but ya having the ability to bring previous iteration franchises over from game to game is what can make this less of a thing.
Toronto Maple Leafs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »