Home

Starting Pitchers in RTTS - what’s the deal?

This is a discussion on Starting Pitchers in RTTS - what’s the deal? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4
Angry Starting Pitchers in RTTS - what’s the deal?

Okay, so I finally decide to create a starting pitcher in RTTS. Everything goes pretty good for the first AA game. Not a bad line - 6.2ip; 3H; 1R; 10K; 0BB. So what happens? I immediately get replaced in the starting rotation and get regulated to the bullpen. My replacement? I guy with a 7.20era. What gives? Anyone got and explanation or help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Starting Pitchers in RTTS - what’s the deal?

i cant remember but usually in RTTS as a pitcher, they either put you in as a starter for a few starts if you created a relief pitcher and vis versa for created starting pitcher i believe.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 03-16-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

I have to do my user-controlled pitcher through franchise because the AI logic in RTTS can be head-scratching. I figured I’ll just dictate how and when I’m used
Old 03-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Okay... sounds like there may be no rhyme or reason. I mean, I get it if I had a bad start but I didn’t and yet looking through the next week of games I’m not starting. What good does it do to say you want to be a starter? (Or rp or cp)
Old 03-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

I found something that might help this scenario. After a few games I was called into the manager’s office and told they would like to try me at late inning relief. Normally in these situations I “play good” and go along with it. This time I asked “why?” (From optioned responses) The mgr said they were just wanting to try something to make me more versatile.

One of the responses I got to that was “I would rather concentrate on being a starter.” I chose that one and the mgr responded, “Ok. It was just a thought, maybe next time.”

Now, remember, I was not starting after that first game, I was middle relief. But after that discussion, lo and behold, I am a starter again. Not sure if this works every time but did this one. Just FYI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

adam2621986's Arena

This almost always happens to me in RTTS regardless of what position I play. The manager always asks me to try out a different position for a few weeks, to be more versatile and flexible for the team.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:21 AM   #7
Rookie

In '19, beginning of my sophomore season i got "tried out" as late relief (the Giants already had 4 or 5 CP, so flawed logic) but i went along because it never stuck and i was always switched back. Well i was stuck and no matter how much i complained to my agent nothing happened. Got traded in the offseason to the Rangers. Dabbling with it while waiting for Ridin's rosters to come out, then I'll decide what to make. Good to know possible ways out though.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:13 AM   #8
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

The switching position thing happens all the time the last few years, generally if you do well in both positions you go back to your original position, although I have had situations were they've kept me at the position they moved me too. Generally played Center Field and end up either moving to the left field or to 2nd and once or twice in previous years they've kept me at that secondary position going forward.

Although in this years game I was at Center Field, they moved me to Left Field for a trial, finished the few weeks of games, was told they were happy with my performance and were moving me back to my primary position in Center Field and instead was relegated to Designated Hitter.

But in general unless you do as well or better than you did at your primary position or the current player on your team at that position you will tend do return to your original position after you serve your time. They might also do it depending on how well you play in comparison to the MLB player you'd be replacing.

As a Center Fielder I was drafted by the Angels and ended up playing the Left Field instead because obviously I wasn't going to be replacing Mike Trout in the lineup and in that career the only time I did was when Trout broke his leg and missed like 3 months then was back at Left Field once he returned.

Pitchers generally do end up going back to their original position and you can say I'd rather play my original position and the manager will take note of it but it might make your journey to the MLB a little longer as you do have to take into consideration who on the MLB roster you'll be replacing. As a pitcher that's a little harder to perhaps figure out in comparsion to being a position player like CF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »