Home

Shooting Help: 2K20

This is a discussion on Shooting Help: 2K20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shooting Help: 2K20

I only play head to head online 100% of the time. I do not play in The Park or vs the CPU.

I've played every iteration of 2K and I'm an avid gamer that is well aware of how to work on certain skills to become efficient BUT what I can't figure out in this game is why my shooting is HORRIBLE. I'm paying close attention to the meters, paying close attention to the release, watching Youtube videos for tips...I've turned the meter off, turned it on and spent countless hours in the gym but Nothing works. It forces me to get 90% of my points in the paint and makes my perimeter game non-existent. I'll have players with wide open looks that miss shots routinely and I'm talking players that have A or B 3ptr ratings.
If I see 10 wide open looks I'll be lucky to hit two throughout the game. Very discouraging.

Is shooting broken???...Help

Last edited by TonyStark1964; 03-29-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: Shooting Help: 2K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStark1964
I only play head to head online 100% of the time. I do not play in The Park or vs the CPU.

I've played every iteration of 2K and I'm an avid gamer that is well aware of how to work on certain skills to become efficient BUT what I can't figure out in this game is why my shooting is HORRIBLE. I'm paying close attention to the meters, paying close attention to the release, watching Youtube videos for tips...I've turned the meter off, turned it on and spent countless hours in the gym but Nothing works. It forces me to get 90% of my points in the paint and makes my perimeter game non-existent. I'll have players with wide open looks that miss shots routinely and I'm talking players that have A or B 3ptr ratings.

If I see 10 wide open looks I'll be lucky to hit two throughout the game. Very discouraging.

Have you looked at the badges , tendencies, hotzones and ratings?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Have you looked at the badges , tendencies, hotzones and ratings?

Yes (hot zones) and while I understand the relevance of thos features I'm playing Head to head...online 100% of the time. I"m appealing to guys who are not trying to do rocket science on the game and study badges and all that. The game should be simple enough that if I understand shooting mechanics and can time the meter appropriately anyone (even a novice) should be able to go to practice mode or in any game and shoot a decent %.

Sometimes in practice mode I can drain a few but in online games...Terrible...can't hit a darn thing...Again I respect and understand all the badges and fluffy stuff...But we are just shooting a basketball...It shouldn't be a combination of wizardry and studying more than a solid release that matches the players shooting style.

If 2K requires that I care about more than the players rating I'm not sure thats what will keep me buying the game. I'm a casual online guy that doesn't have the time or interest to study badges and all that.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yes (hot zones) and while I understand the relevance of thos features I'm playing Head to head...online 100% of the time. I"m appealing to guys who are not trying to do rocket science on the game and study badges and all that. The game should be simple enough that if I understand shooting mechanics and can time the meter appropriately anyone (even a novice) should be able to go to practice mode or in any game and shoot a decent %.

Sometimes in practice mode I can drain a few but in online games...Terrible...can't hit a darn thing...Again I respect and understand all the badges and fluffy stuff...But we are just shooting a basketball...It shouldn't be a combination of wizardry and studying more than a solid release that matches the players shooting style.

If 2K requires that I care about more than the players rating I'm not sure thats what will keep me buying the game. I'm a casual online guy that doesn't have the time or interest to study badges and all that.
Perhaps posting a vid or two would help get better feedback.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Perhaps posting a vid or two would help get better feedback.
Sorry man...I'm not that into it...Just looking for general tips outside of what Youtube offers. Most of the youtube videos are guys who like to talk and hear their own voices or complex descriptions of badges etc. As I've stated before..I only play H2H online. I'm a casual player that understands that shooting a ball with a great online player who is rated very high shouldn't be rocket science. I just want to figure out what I'm doing wrong or more importantly what others are doing "right".

In other developments...I've turned the shot meter off and adjusted the pressure on the X button and I seem to be hitting a lil better now. Apparently with the shot meter off there is a 6% bump up in shooting pct
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

tru11's Arena

In order to be better at any game you have to dive in a lil bit deeper.

Pick 1 team learn the players ratings and releases and you are well on your way.

In head to head i usually left the worst shooter wide open to give my opponent a wide open shot.

They would miss more often then not.

Knowing who to press and who to give space goes a long way in winning.

Works well in JRC to.

I mean if you pick the lakers id let howard or mcgee wide anywhere but underneath the bucket lol

Old 03-29-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

The default shooting isn’t very good to me
Old 03-29-2020, 06:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Internet connection and latency is the deciding factor.
Ive seen veteran 2k players miss wide open threes with Klay Thompson over and over...to the point i stopped closing out.

Just gotta wait till next gen because this one is hopeless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »