Home

How does your dream 2K21 work? (Online Gameplay Only)

This is a discussion on How does your dream 2K21 work? (Online Gameplay Only) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
How does your dream 2K21 work? (Online Gameplay Only)

If you had total control of how 2K21 online gameplay was to be made what would you do? Personally mine would look something like this

-Remove green releases and use Real FG%, imo Green releases let terrible shooting builds shoot well(my 6'10 Paint Beast with 52 3PT shoots ~50% from the corners) and good shooting builds shoot insanely well (if left wide open we're talking 70-80% 3PT. The Defensive Leader and Floor General badges already show shooting % based on stats+badges why not use those? Shooting % would still be higher than the real nba but they wouldn't be on another planet.

-Reduce the strength of Hot Zone Hunter, Intimidator and Pogo Stick. Bronze HZH on my 6'10 Paint Beast turns a 17% corner 3 into a 37% shot which is silly. For Intimidator even the best rim protectors in the NBA hold opponent shooting in the paint to 45-50% but counterbalance this by not having to set your feet to take a charge, if you turbo dribble into someone directly in front of you it should be a charge at least 50% of the time. Pogo Stick would only be available to players with high Vertical for there position (something like SF 85, PF 75, C 65) and the 2nd and 3rd jumps would have a higher foul%.

Remove being able to run into a defender to get them stuck, something most commonly seen on the 2's in park, the player guarding the inbound will get stuck on the player receiving the pass behind him and be unable to pursue the inbounder, without pressing/holding L2/LT a player would simply run around them.

Greatly increase moving screen calls, to set a legal screen the player would have to no input on the left stick at all when the screen makes contact with the defender.

Add 5 seconds back to the basket, for some reason since about 2k18 2k has forgot to have this in the game, also remove kick ball calls since in the NBA only intentional kicking of the ball is a violation and it can't be done manually in 2k.

Ditch the speed/acceleration boost that comes with Interceptor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How does your dream 2K21 work? (Online Gameplay Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
If you had total control of how 2K21 online gameplay was to be made what would you do? Personally mine would look something like this

-Remove green releases and use Real FG%, imo Green releases let terrible shooting builds shoot well(my 6'10 Paint Beast with 52 3PT shoots ~50% from the corners) and good shooting builds shoot insanely well (if left wide open we're talking 70-80% 3PT. The Defensive Leader and Floor General badges already show shooting % based on stats+badges why not use those? Shooting % would still be higher than the real nba but they wouldn't be on another planet.

-Reduce the strength of Hot Zone Hunter, Intimidator and Pogo Stick. Bronze HZH on my 6'10 Paint Beast turns a 17% corner 3 into a 37% shot which is silly. For Intimidator even the best rim protectors in the NBA hold opponent shooting in the paint to 45-50% but counterbalance this by not having to set your feet to take a charge, if you turbo dribble into someone directly in front of you it should be a charge at least 50% of the time. Pogo Stick would only be available to players with high Vertical for there position (something like SF 85, PF 75, C 65) and the 2nd and 3rd jumps would have a higher foul%.

Remove being able to run into a defender to get them stuck, something most commonly seen on the 2's in park, the player guarding the inbound will get stuck on the player receiving the pass behind him and be unable to pursue the inbounder, without pressing/holding L2/LT a player would simply run around them.

Greatly increase moving screen calls, to set a legal screen the player would have to no input on the left stick at all when the screen makes contact with the defender.

Add 5 seconds back to the basket, for some reason since about 2k18 2k has forgot to have this in the game, also remove kick ball calls since in the NBA only intentional kicking of the ball is a violation and it can't be done manually in 2k.

Ditch the speed/acceleration boost that comes with Interceptor.
Add the option to choose between different gameplays:

80-90s Basketball (real men bball) enable hand checking!
or
Fruit Cake era, aka the Curry era!
Old 04-15-2020, 01:24 AM   #3
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

make it so my player puts his damn hands up when on help defense...

Literally playing as Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo, but if the switch is too quick I cannot contest the shot without jumping.

Steph curry jelly rolling it right over his head, please. I am in position I dont need to jump, fix your gameplay
Old 04-15-2020, 03:37 AM   #4
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Defensive movements have to be faster for users and in online modes only green releases should go in. Create a larger skill gap.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

let me load up a saved playbook for online Play.

make my Coach and Controller settings Stick without resetting to default values.

let me do Pause Menu subs or other Pause Menu adjustements without resulting in a "network error"

remove the Green = 100% concept

make matchup changes take effect directly (again).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »