Home

MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) - Part Two

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) - Part Two within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) - Part Two

Moving on from part one where we covered the "most common" issues currently hindering MLB The...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
I can confirm that the defender not reaching for the ball happens offline as well. I am strictly offline franchise and there are literally 1-2 instances every game where my fielder will not reach for the ball on medium difficulty grounders or line drives*
Old 04-16-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) -

The point about players not leaving the bag during a rundown because they won't leave the base uncovered is an even worse problem on short pop ups into the OF, especially ones that should be caught by the 3B. He will completely ignore the ball to run over to the bag, sometimes a longer distance than getting to the ball itself.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
My brother-in-law asked me last night if he should buy it, I told him to hold off until we see resolution to these issues. Having said that, I’m playing ‘20 on a non-patched PS4 that’s not connected to the internet and haven’t seen fielding issue. It’s not perfect but it’s a whole lot better than the patched version.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I can confirm that the defender not reaching for the ball happens offline as well. I am strictly offline franchise and there are literally 1-2 instances every game where my fielder will not reach for the ball on medium difficulty grounders or line drives*
Yeah the line drives is shown at various points, thanks for the info about the grounders as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJoseph9119
The point about players not leaving the bag during a rundown because they won't leave the base uncovered is an even worse problem on short pop ups into the OF, especially ones that should be caught by the 3B. He will completely ignore the ball to run over to the bag, sometimes a longer distance than getting to the ball itself.
Good to know, and at least it fits in with the logic I was going with there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
My brother-in-law asked me last night if he should buy it, I told him to hold off until we see resolution to these issues. Having said that, I’m playing ‘20 on a non-patched PS4 that’s not connected to the internet and haven’t seen fielding issue. It’s not perfect but it’s a whole lot better than the patched version.
Yeah I think that's a good path to take on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Infielder not reaching for the ball is definitely an offline issue as well. It has happened to me over 10 times already. It's sooooo annoying
Old 04-16-2020, 05:08 PM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Yes groundballs and running right by them is awful offline. I still think there is an issue with animations triggering which force you into the non catch animation.

Also there are times you get to the catch indicator and ball hits player in head. I am at the end.of June in my franchise and have the worst fielding percentage in baseball because of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

I use auto fielding and do not see many of these issues but this is very well written and thought out. Hopefully SDS can continue to improve fielding, especially for manual fielders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »