Home

Balancing between training and learning moves?

This is a discussion on Balancing between training and learning moves? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Balancing between training and learning moves?

When I first start a career, should I just mainly focus on training? At what point should I start to learn more moves? Maybe around fight 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Balancing between training and learning moves?

I'm afraid most people here haven't really touched the career in a while so people can't help you much. You'd probably get more useful advice from reddit.

I would imagine that moves won't benefit you much if you don't have high enough stats to make use of them. For example, it doesn't make much sense to learn takedown moves if you haven't leveled up your takedown stat at all.

So yeah, I'd imagine you prioritize getting decent enough stats first. I guess what's "decent" depends on your competition. Obviously you need higher stats to be competitive against the actual fighters as opposed to the 70 overall random characters.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I'm afraid most people here haven't really touched the career in a while so people can't help you much. You'd probably get more useful advice from reddit.

I would imagine that moves won't benefit you much if you don't have high enough stats to make use of them. For example, it doesn't make much sense to learn takedown moves if you haven't leveled up your takedown stat at all.

So yeah, I'd imagine you prioritize getting decent enough stats first. I guess what's "decent" depends on your competition. Obviously you need higher stats to be competitive against the actual fighters as opposed to the 70 overall random characters.
Yeah you’re right I should probably go somewhere else to ask advice about career. Kind of sucks cause I thought this would be a good place to get help.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:29 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSky
Yeah you’re right I should probably go somewhere else to ask advice about career. Kind of sucks cause I thought this would be a good place to get help.
First off you dont need a new Thread for each question you have on career mode.

Secondly this game especially career mode is over 2 years old and nobody ever liked the career mode anyway. Dont blame People for not helping you with a game that you just bought for 10 bucks 2 and a half year after release. Now head off to reddit. Where you too wont get help either.

3rdly This is a good place for Q&A, you are just about 2 years late for career mode discussion.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
First off you dont need a new Thread for each question you have on career mode.

Secondly this game especially career mode is over 2 years old and nobody ever liked the career mode anyway. Dont blame People for not helping you with a game that you just bought for 10 bucks 2 and a half year after release. Now head off to reddit. Where you too wont get help either.

3rdly This is a good place for Q&A, you are just about 2 years late for career mode discussion.
Jeez what crawled up your *** today? There’s no reason to get ugly with me. You’re one of the reasons why I don’t come on this site unless i have no other choice. I’ll find another site where people are actually helpful.

BTW this is directed at Ragdoll, not anyone else here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 12:02 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Jeez what crawled up your *** today? There’s no reason to get ugly with me. You’re one of the reasons why I don’t come on this site unless i have no other choice. I’ll find another site where people are actually helpful.

BTW this is directed at Ragdoll, not anyone else here.
He is only talking about me. But he will find another site where "people" (plural) are actually helpful.

It was me who answered your two questions about career mode, because nobody else did. Remember that? That was yesterday so the only guy who helped you was the gut that you DONT like.

So BYE, BYE... Dont hit the door on your way out.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
He is only talking about me. But he will find another site where "people" (plural) are actually helpful.

It was me who answered your two questions about career mode, because nobody else did. Remember that? That was yesterday so the only guy who helped you was the gut that you DONT like.

So BYE, BYE... Dont hit the door on your way out.
What’s your problem? This is a MESSAGE BOARD and I’m allowed to post anything I want as long as it’s on topic. If you don’t like me making topics asking for help than don’t read them.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
When I first start a career, should I just mainly focus on training? At what point should I start to learn more moves? Maybe around fight 10?
If I remember correctly, and it’s been a while, I tried to learn one move every 3 fights or so when I first started my career. Specifically moves I knew I would use depending on my character. There is no hard and fast rule I would say but I felt every 3 fights or so gave me good time to train and then learn moves

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »