Home

2020 Playbook/Scheme Edits

This is a discussion on 2020 Playbook/Scheme Edits within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #1
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
2020 Playbook/Scheme Edits

Hey guys, with all the offseason changes to personnel and coaching, I wanted to put together something I've given a lot of attention to recently- Playbook and scheme changes. So below I have put together a list of what I changed on my personal offline franchise file where I play god through the offseason.

My idea here is to get the computer to play as much like their counterparts as possible as sliders and settings can only do so much. If you would like some alternatives for you team to keep things feeling fresh or just to mix things up with a new challenge let me know in the comments.

Tell me what you think?!

Carolina Panthers;
Spoiler

Dallas Cowboys;
Spoiler

Jacksonville Jaguars;
Spoiler

Los Angeles Chargers;
Spoiler

Los Angeles Rams;
Spoiler

New England Patriots;
Spoiler

New York Giants;
Spoiler

Tampa Bay Buccaneers;
Spoiler

Washington Redskins;
Spoiler
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 05-05-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2020 Playbook/Scheme Edits

What about dallas? I know kellen moore is running the offense again but what about defense. I know its the same scheme but Nolan is a turnover first guy on defense. Not sure the Dallas defense ran by Marinelli is right for it. The offense will prolly be the same as last year.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by omega412930; 05-05-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
What about dallas? I know kelley more is running the offense again but what about defense. I know its the same scheme but Nolan is a turnover first guy on defense. Not sure the Dallas defense ran by Marinelli is right for it. The offense will prolly be the same as last year.

I tested Houstons offensive playbook for them but didn't see enough zeke hand offs and saw too many pass attempts for him. I still think Houstons offensive playbook is designed for Arian Foster at RB. I also looked at the rams playbook for them but had a similar result with less Dak athletic-ness. If you are user playing as Dallas either one of these would work but I find that Dallas as the CPU plays best with their regular playbook even though its not built for Amari to thrive on CPU.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:47 PM   #4
MVP

omega412930's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
I tested Houstons offensive playbook for them but didn't see enough zeke hand offs and saw too many pass attempts for him. I still think Houstons offensive playbook is designed for Arian Foster at RB. I also looked at the rams playbook for them but had a similar result with less Dak athletic-ness. If you are user playing as Dallas either one of these would work but I find that Dallas as the CPU plays best with their regular playbook even though its not built for Amari to thrive on CPU.
I agree their offense is set. Any thoughts for the defense?

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 05-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

Quote:
I agree their offense is set. Any thoughts for the defense?

Hadn't looked into it much to be honest. Beyond losing Byron Jones I didn't think it would look much different. Their default playbook puts a lot of emphasis on the LBs so you could look at Jacksonville or Philly (shudder) if you want to mix things up or things feel stale.

I like that Dallas defensive playbook is set for HaHa Clinton Dix. Fit could be a pro bowl fit to me. Philly's would be good to if you want him to be a tackle machine beyond your LB tackle machines. lol

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 05-05-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #6
MVP

omega412930's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Hadn't looked into it much to be honest. Beyond losing Byron Jones I didn't think it would look much different. Their default playbook puts a lot of emphasis on the LBs so you could look at Jacksonville or Philly (shudder) if you want to mix things up or things feel stale.
I was looking at who uses 4-3 defenses and so far the one that seemed to make the most sense was New Orleans. Dallas mew defensive cordinator Nolan was responsible for most of how the Saints defense is now. So the scheme just seemed similar to what hes going to bring/want from his defense.

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 05-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

Quote:
I was looking at who uses 4-3 defenses and so far the one that seemed to make the most sense was New Orleans. Dallas mew defensive cordinator Nolan was responsible for most of how the Saints defense is now. So the scheme just seemed similar to what hes going to bring/want from his defense.

Definitely makes sense. I'll have to check it out! I like it more the more I think about it.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:59 PM   #8
MVP

omega412930's Arena

Yea I know the defense has to be changed. Nolan isnt gonna go for that sit back Tampa 2 defense Marinelli had. Nolan is more aggressive. With the additions of McCoy and Poe on the defensive line u can tell its going to be a rough day for teams

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »