Home

Just picked this up, will I get better at shooting?

This is a discussion on Just picked this up, will I get better at shooting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2020, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Just picked this up, will I get better at shooting?

Ok so I haven’t played 2k in a bit. Played a lot of 2k17. A little 2k18. Out of quarantine boredom I picked this up.

After 10 games in my franchise here is what I’ve noticed. I’m terrible at outside shooting. This was never a problem before. But I’m shooting like 25% from 3. Most of them wide open shots. I don’t wanna change the sliders, cause for some reason they are now tied to difficulty and then I feel like I’m cheating.

Also another reason I don’t want to change it is the games are all close. But no a fun close. Most of my points come on the break. The cpu D is terrible on the break. The break, post ups, and drives to the hoop are all my points. It’s getting kind of boring. Will I get better at shooting or this a game problem this year?

Also I play with the shot meter off. I used to really like the game when you had to release the button at the highest point of the release to hit a shot. It seems random now. And I don’t like looking at a meter when I’m playing. I like looking at the game. And is there a way to turn off that very annoying green flash under mine and the cpus feet when a perfect shot is put up? It ruins to mystery of whether or not a shot is going in. I don’t like it.

Also, is height like the most important thing now? (I know it’s important) but when the cpu does a pnr and then I have a guard on the center in the post and he gets the ball, he just automatically hits every turn around fade-away like Patrick Ewing and some of these guys have never even attempted that shot in real life. Also it seems rebounding ratings are not as important as just being tall?

Sorry if none of this makes sense or has been said numerous times before. I was just curious if it gets better, cause I’m getting bored already, should I just go back to 2k17? I don’t play online. Thanks. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Just picked this up, will I get better at shooting?

Use jumpshot 38 if you take most of your shots off the catch or jumpshot 98 if you take most of your shots off the dribble. Those two jumpers give you the best chance of making open shots this year.

If you turn the shot meter off then your timing has to be near perfect on every shot otherwise you'll be heavily penalized for bad timing.

Try playing with the shot meter on and see if you perform better. You can move the meter underneath your feet in the menus if you want to make it less distracting. There's no way to remove the green flash, unfortunately.

If you still can't shoot reliably with the meter turned on then try using the real FG percentage option where your shot timing doesn't matter at all.

Height is still king in this game once the ball gets inside the paint but it doesn't give you a big advantage if the ball stays on the perimeter aside from the improved ability to get passing lane steals.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-15-2020 at 07:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »