Home

just an awful allocation of resources animation wise

This is a discussion on just an awful allocation of resources animation wise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
just an awful allocation of resources animation wise

i don't mean to imply that this is a bad game or that i know much of anything about what goes into making it, but it's just terrible that base sliding and swing animations have not changed for an entire generation of consoles, yet there are 60+ generic no doubt home run swings on top of countless signature ones, and less than 10 regular animations for the other 95% of the time you put the ball in play. i hope im making sense here, i'm really at a loss for words scrolling through the bat slams as i type this thread- apart from the first page of options, a player doing any of this stuff irl would in all likelihood start a bench brawl. why are most of these in the game??

sds have really got to provide a more physics based approach to when players slide into the bags or home plate, with the actual ability to control whether they dive head or feet first as opposed to now where you effectively are at the mercy of the game's programming, and i get that this sounds petulant but they will not get another penny out of me if they don't do something about swing types for the PS5. literally 6 of them for the thousands of players in the game, it reminds me of EA's NHL series and the lack of contextual wristers/slapshots before they made the necessary changes for NHL 20. it's honestly shocking that they were able to get that fixed before the show did.

Last edited by dlxsf18; 07-13-2020 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: just an awful allocation of resources animation wise

Most of the animations in the game - especially the home run celebrations - seem more like fortnite dances than anything that would happen in a baseball game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #3
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: just an awful allocation of resources animation wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
Most of the animations in the game - especially the home run celebrations - seem more like fortnite dances than anything that would happen in a baseball game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a joke. God forbid they give us realistic home run trots since they've simply ignored the calls for an improved frachise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »